XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@ripdog: I think your DS3 is not a genuine Sony DualShock3. It should report it's name as "PLAYSTATION®3 Controller".

In the Service log it is paired (Line 24), then the next time it is plugged in via USB, it is paired again (Line 59). This indicates that a read of the Master BD Addr does not match what was written in the first pair.

There is some Bluetooth activity, but looks like it is not responding correctly to the Service Channel init reports - so never fully connects.

Does it work over Bluetooth with a PS3?

Sponsored links

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that. It is indeed 3rd party, model number CECHZC2U. The label on the back calls it a "Dualshoch" controller. I don't have a ps3, I only got this to emulate a 360 controller (the genuine ones are expensive!) on my pc. If it's unusable via BT, that's fine. I only use it at my computer anyway.

if I ever get a chance, I'll try it on a ps3. Any ideas as to why it works over USB using the post 1 drivers but not these?
@ripdog: the Filter driver from #1 does one thing, sends a Start command. Everything else is handled by the default Windows drivers.

The Alpha drivers are WinUSB Function drivers, and the control of these drivers expects a DS3 specific configuration (eg availability of an Interrupt In Pipe).
Hello James/Scarlet,
I just registered to tell you this Laugh

Nice program you have made here, really helped me a lot to throw away that buggy M-I-J.
Except the Bluetooth compatibility which will improve over time, everything works very great. (Note that I also had my dongle unrecognized using post #223, popped in #239 fix and it works although my revision isn't the same)

You could make an improvement for SCP DS3 Monitor though, adding an extra button for minimizing or make it minimize into the tray icon instead of fully close when clicking the X button.
Kinda awkward when you have to click the icon for minimizing or restoring the window. Just my 2 cents though.
Now I'd like to check whether the battery display on monitor/server window is working or not (Pad1: Mac Address - BTH (Idontknowwhatthisnumberisfor. Timer? as it keeps on increasing) [Battery Indicator? FULL]
Thanks
Hi Scarlet, excellent utility by the way.

Could you add support for my PS2 to USB adapter to this release? It has Win7 support on the DirectInput side but it'd be cool for it to be able to fake a X360 controller:

Hardware IDs: (not sure if the last 3 are required?)

HID\VID_6666&PID_8802&REV_0100
HID\VID_6666&PID_8802
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_GAME
HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0004
HID_DEVICE
First I want to thank you for releasing this as I quickly grew tired of MotioninJoy. I'm wondering if it would be possible to add another Bluetooth device ID to the list. The controller is recognized and connects over BT but disconnects within 10 seconds or so.

I'm guessing you need the ID for "Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 USB"
USB\VID_0489&PID_E011&REV_0861
USB\VID_0489&PID_E011
@someon: the fields on Monitor/Server are

Pad ID
MAC
Connection [USB|BTH]
Packet Counter (fixed width hex)
Battery Status (USB [Charged | Charging], BTH [None | Dead | Low | Medium | High | Full])

Packet counter is there primarily to provide confidence via visual feedback that the DS3 is active and pushing out reports.

The newer rev DS3s are very good vis Battery life if not using rumble, I've played FFVII PC for 6+ hours and not seen it drop below Full.
None is displayed if no packets have been received - Initial condition, generally an indicator that something is wrong if this does not change and the Packet counter is not incrementing.
The LED on the DS3 will start flashing if Battery drops below Medium. Pause game, plug in via USB to charge while playing, resume game.
The values are reported by the DS3 as a coded value (not a percentage), something along the lines of :
Full : 80 - 100%, High : 60 - 80%, Medium : 40 - 60%, Low : 20 - 40%, Dead : 0 - 20% (May turn off at any time)

If you want to push down the battery as quickly as possible to verify these - switch Rumble on full via ScpUser, and press a button every so often to stop it from Idle Disconnecting.

ScpMonitor is not required to be run, and again is primarily to give confidence that the system working properly. I would expect that when people are familiar with the software that it would only be used occasionally to check battery status before/after playing a game for an extended period.

@White Phoenix: sorry, not really something I can do. I would need to have an adapter connected to my machine in order to do the HID -> XInput mapping.

@apex: added your hardware id to the inf/cat. Update attached.

Attached Files
.7z   ScpServer-0.6.0.93-Bth-Update.7z (Size: 6,79 KB / Downloads: 217)
(02-02-2013, 10:15 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @apex: added your hardware id to the inf/cat. Update attached.

Beautiful! BT stays connected now, thanks.
Scarlett,

Not quite sure if this is a bug, or what, but for some reason, if the controller is plugged in via USB and I try to play Battlefield 3, the controller does not work unless I first unplug the controller, then it connects via Bluetooth and all is fine, and plugging back in via usb is fine as well, but it seems to not work upon first boot up via usb. odd. Smile
@unvaluablespace: had a look and found the issue.

When the system boots, the DS3 connects correctly via USB, it then attempts to connect via BTH. If the connection is successful, it then sends it's reports via BTH not USB.

If Idle Disconnect triggers (10mins inactivity) the BTH connection is disconnected and reports are no longer read, even though it is still connected via USB. Disconnecting and reconnecting gets the DS3 back into a correct USB connection.

I've added a check for Beta, so that a BTH connection is not accepted if already connected via USB. This eliminates the issue. Completing testing of the Beta release at the moment, should be posted later today if I don't find any issues.