XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hi,
first of all, thanks for your effort, great work, works very nicely both over USB and over BT.

Now, the issue I have is with the BT connection: I use BT to connect my PS3 remote and DS3. After installing the driver, both the remote and DS3 are recognised as X360 controllers, and the remote works no more. How can I tell SCP to ignore my remote?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

You can not Eremija not without rolling the drivers back to use windows default ones. I know it sucks I can not use either my phone or my wii mote with this setup.
(02-09-2013, 01:35 AM)Topken Wrote: You can not Eremija not without rolling the drivers back to use windows default ones. I know it sucks I can not use either my phone or my wii mote with this setup.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't find that info.

Are we talking about BT controller drivers? I'm OK with using cable with DS3, although, of course, I'd prefer BT, but if I have to choose between remote and wireless DS3, the remote is much more important.

Is there any hope that this will work one day?
The Bluetooth driver itself has to isolate the Bluetooth adapter for the ds3 controllers. From my understanding, this is due to a bug with the way windows does Bluetooth devices. That is why Bluetooth works fine with a ps3 controller in OSX, because OSX does not have this windows specific bug. You can see this with all Bluetooth drivers for ps3 controllers. Motioninjoy isolates the Bluetooth adapter, as well as the "not-as-well-known" winds3. If you don't want wireless, you can find your Bluetooth adapter in device manager and roll back drivers, or you can purchase another Bluetooth adapter, and use one specifically for the DS3 controllers, and another for your other Bluetooth devices. Hope this helps Smile
(02-09-2013, 04:07 AM)unvaluablespace Wrote: The Bluetooth driver itself has to isolate the Bluetooth adapter for the ds3 controllers. From my understanding, this is due to a bug with the way windows does Bluetooth devices. That is why Bluetooth works fine with a ps3 controller in OSX, because OSX does not have this windows specific bug. You can see this with all Bluetooth drivers for ps3 controllers. Motioninjoy isolates the Bluetooth adapter, as well as the "not-as-well-known" winds3. If you don't want wireless, you can find your Bluetooth adapter in device manager and roll back drivers, or you can purchase another Bluetooth adapter, and use one specifically for the DS3 controllers, and another for your other Bluetooth devices. Hope this helps Smile

I've already done that, but thanks for your explanation. I wonder if it is a bug or a feature from Microsoft's perspective.

One reason why I liked the idea of wireless DS3 is that it is a BT device, i.e. it should not require any additional devices on the computer side. Alas, it seems everyone wants to shove their own receiver instead of using a standard.
I understand, and I wish it were the same as well, but as I stated, the problem isn't with Scarlett's drivers, but the Microsoft stack itself. I myself don't exactly know the issue, but it probably has something to do with the way the ps3 controllers specifically work wirelessly, and whatever the Microsoft Bluetooth stack bug is. A cheap Bluetooth adapter can be had for around $10-15, so I'm not complaining. Smile it would be nice though to have just one adapter though.
There is no issue with the Microsoft Stack/Drivers, the problem is entirely a Sony DualShock 3 issue.

The model that Microsoft uses is - MS provide a set of standard inbox WHQL drivers. If a manufacturer provides a product that does not meet these standards they provide their own drivers.

Linux/Unix based systems use a different model - patches to the kernel/drivers are made to support non-standard devices. Over time these are accepted into the kernel/drivers and become standard.

The question you should be asking is - why have Sony gone out of their way to make the SixAxis/DualShock 3 non-standard (on both USB & BTH), and not provided drivers for use with Windows in the 6 years since PS3 has been launched.

The drivers I have provided contain a custom Bluetooth Stack solely for use with a DS3, thus you must dedicate a dongle for its use. These work with with commonly available Bluetooth Dongles from 3rd party manufacturers.
Speechless Mr. Crush! Working with my DS3 like a charm (via BT <cheap edr 2.1 one> and USB). I dont have to do anything after install. Playing on TV from Couch via BT or on PC via BT/Cable and everything without doing anything. Only pushing the PS button.

I also have a Twin USB Adapter plugged in and it works also. Big thx! MJ should tremble whenever he hears "xinput wrapper" :>
Is it possible to have the custom drivers work alongside the Microsoft supplied ones (SCP only providing input when a DS3 controller is found, for example), or is this entirely not possible/beyond the scope of the project?

I kind of figured that all these custom bluetooth drivers only provided support for the DS3 because that was the problem they were trying to solve, but if other devices could be used as well, that would be amazing.
(02-09-2013, 03:02 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: The model that Microsoft uses is - MS provide a set of standard inbox WHQL drivers. If a manufacturer provides a product that does not meet these standards they provide their own drivers.

The question you should be asking is - why have Sony gone out of their way to make the SixAxis/DualShock 3 non-standard (on both USB & BTH), and not provided drivers for use with Windows in the 6 years since PS3 has been launched.

More than likely it is because Microsoft won't let them because they are trying to monopolize when it comes to their stuff because of course they are opposing companies. That is why we don't see alot of other controllers being made by other companies that much anymore for pc. It is also why most controllers don't have the best functioning dpads because nintendo has the + one patented and sony has the separated + patented. Another company is threatening sony for their rumble feature and that is why sony 'won't be supporting dualshock' anymore.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb