XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@unvaluablespace
The drivers work for me in a real Xbox 360 controller and the virtual controller created with the service created by scarlet and work great, but they have the issue i said before of the Bluetooth driver

However its true that for uninstalling them you have to remove some files and registries manually or else the controller configuration window of those drivers keeps coming out instead of the Microsoft one

The things that have to be removed to uninstall come in the readme that is packaged in the archive in section 5.0

Sponsored links

yeah, im not trying to say they are bad drivers per say, but just pointing out that they may not work for everyone. I found the driver awhile back hoping it would make the guide button more like a regular button, and whatever it did, im not too sure. All I know is after installing the driver, half the buttons didn't work, and the ones that did, weren't ever there proper buttons. Maybe it was just me? perhaps I installed them with another program/driver and that was the conflict, I don't know. So more so just saying for whoever to use them, to be cautious. Oh yeah, and the uninstall was a headache lol.

jramon, im just curious, but if said drivers did work, would you say there could be a way to have programs/games see the controller/buttons as a regular xbox 360 controller, while still being able to customize the guide button as an extra button? I ask because I like the convenience of not having to customize most games that have 360 controller support, but I would like to use the guide button as another button for input. If so, I would be willing to give these drivers another chance, strictly for experimentation purposes lol.
I have been using the drivers successfully for a few weeks now. I recently am trying to play Final Fantasy 11 again and it requires DInput. I thought by running the test app and minimizing I would be able to use for DInput games, however the triggers are still not being recognized. Any ideas as per what I am doing wrong?
probably something stupid on my end....
Word of warning: I had a perfectly working ds3 ps3 controller, using it with both my PS3 and my PC via MotionJoy drivers. I removed MotionJoy and installed the ScarletCrush drivers, and the next day the controller is dead and will not respond via USB to either PS3 or PC. None of the pairing lights turn red or anything when plugged into either PS3 or PC immediately after installing these drivers.

UPDATE:
As per below, using pinhole reset fixed the problem! Thanks!
Zenwolf, have you tried using the pinhole reset button on the back of the controller? I've had DS3 controllers "act" dead on me before: not just with Scarlett's driver, but my ps3, motioninjoy, etc. the controller stopped turning back on, even after plugging in via USB. Resetting the controller fixed that. I hope it helps you, because I don't see how anyway possible Scarlet's drivers could kill a controller. It's physically impossible(at least via USB or Bluetooth I would think) because the ds3 regulates voltage on its own.
(04-09-2013, 10:42 PM)unvaluablespace Wrote: Zenwolf, have you tried using the pinhole reset button on the back of the controller? I've had DS3 controllers "act" dead on me before: not just with Scarlett's driver, but my ps3, motioninjoy, etc. the controller stopped turning back on, even after plugging in via USB. Resetting the controller fixed that. I hope it helps you, because I don't see how anyway possible Scarlet's drivers could kill a controller. It's physically impossible(at least via USB or Bluetooth I would think) because the ds3 regulates voltage on its own.

Your suggestion worked! I have never had this happen before, so was very wary of the drivers. However, after doing the pinhole reset it is back to working in both PS3 and PC. I am not sure what caused it to reset like that. Thanks again!
Hi, I've been trying to use my DS3 with the dolphin emulator and it works, but a tad buggy. I first had Motioninjoy and got rid of that and replaced it with your wrapper. I don't use x360ce or anything. But my problem is that sometimes while holding a button down (Most notably while hovering in super mario sunshine) it'll let go and press the button again randomly. It usually does this for a stretch of 1 minute every 6 minutes or so. It is quite annoying and I save state frequently to combat this anomaly. I apologize if something like this was already mentioned and if so please refer me to the post number; 76 pages is a lot to go through Tongue I also don't have any problems when using my controller with my ps3 last I checked anyway. Thanks in advance for your help!
@Wetai: added your hardware id, see Post #639.

@jramon: I've had a quick look at the source of the drivers you mentioned. Unfortunately there are are no debug statements in the code and all the comments are in Japanese. So it may take a while to find the issue. I did add support for the XBCD drivers in the RC, have you tried these.

@faseone: which driver version are you using?

@Zenwolf: I currently have 6 controllers, 2 SixAxis & 4 DualShock3. One of the DS3s I have had to pinhole reset twice, the others have never required it ...

@Nedo: I haven't heard of any issue similar to the one you describe. Do you get the same behaviour in non-Dolphin games?
Hey I just installed your Bth + usb drivers for the DS3 and I have to say they work great! Now I can finally get rid of Motion and / in Junk or whatever they called it. I have a quick question though, I would have just searched for it myself but 70+ pages... Does your drivers support the SIXAXIS motion sensing, and if not, are you planning on adding it?

@Nedo Yeah I had the same problem when I was using MotionJoy but it only happened inside the dolphin emulator and only on player 1. I haven't tested it yet with these drivers though.
(04-09-2013, 11:21 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @faseone: which driver version are you using?

The most recent RC.

Win8 x64