XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@Zenwolf: awesome! Glad to hear it. I was honestly worried for ya for a minute there. But again its an issue that's happened to me frequently. It always seems to be the most obvious fixes. The ones that make you go "meh, nothing else worked, but why not?" Lol. Congrats.

@Scarlet: regarding zenwolf's issue: honestly I think its some sort of bug in the ds3 controllers themselves. I can't quite figure out what causes it, but it seems to occur most often while attempting to pair a controller with a device, and disconnecting/reconnecting via USB. The issue he has mentioned has occurred for me with multiple controllers, drivers, OS's, etc. I've had it occur while trying to pair with various drivers on windows, while pairing on OSX on my Mac, and my PS3 as well (much more rare on ps3 though, which makes me think it may be a pairing bug or something) whatever it is it causes the controller to become unresponsive and if it weren't for the reset button, most would think there controller went dead, just as zenwolf. I know I did as well the first once or twice it occurred to me. Smile

@nedo: can you specify if this sort of issue occurs in other emulators/games? Have you tried restarting your PC? Maybe it needs to reset analog inputs? The input plugin in dolphin might need its deadzones adjusted (if you are referring specifically to analog controls), also, if the ds3 controller is wore out, the analog controls may have become loose from wear n tear. If so, it could be the cause for "jumpy" controls, unfortunately. Hence why I ask to narrow if its a problem specific in dolphin. Smile good luck

Sponsored links

Quote:@Nedo: I haven't heard of any issue similar to the one you describe. Do you get the same behaviour in non-Dolphin games?

Well I think it might have something to do with the xinput1_3.dll/Xinput. When I'm using Xinput the defualt position of the left joystick is a little higher than the center (I never notice any problems with it because I use a deadzone of 18), and when I use Dinput the joystick is in the perfect center. Gamecube makes use of trigger sensitivity (I think the correct term is analog maybe?) which is why I need to use the xinput1_3.dll. I can use Dinput which doesn't bug out, and there is also an option for SDL whatever that is; as far as I can tell it's the same as Dinput. I tested for the glitch in project64 Banjo Tooie with the bird legs which needs a button to be constantly held down. I don't need the .dll for the 64, so I don't think the problem will recreate for that. Do you know of something I can easily test out the Xinput on that has trigger sensitivity?
Sorry for the double post.

@unvaluablespace: Your post wasn't there when I started typing my last post Tongue

I'm pretty sure the DS3 isn't wore out as I just got it for christmas with my ps3, and I've restarted my comp since my last post. It's definitely a problem with Xinput as far as I can tell, until I can find something else to test Xinput on.
@Khraftman: no, the drivers do not support the SIXAXIS motion sensors. I have no plans to incorporate them.

@faseone: the DInput for X360 controllers map the triggers to the Z Axis. FFXI does not allow mapping axis to buttons.

@Nedo: it sounds like it is a Dolphin issue with XInput.
(04-10-2013, 09:19 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Khraftman: no, the drivers do not support the SIXAXIS motion sensors. I have no plans to incorporate them.

@faseone: the DInput for X360 controllers map the triggers to the Z Axis. FFXI does not allow mapping axis to buttons.

@Nedo: it sounds like it is a Dolphin issue with XInput.

Thank you, I guess I should have researched this a bit more, I just assumed they would become buttons.

Thanks again your drivers have been a Godsend.
(04-10-2013, 09:19 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Khraftman: no, the drivers do not support the SIXAXIS motion sensors. I have no plans to incorporate them.

Alas, but these drivers are so good as they are I can live without them. :3
Thanks so much for this, keep up the good work.
Do you think that you could add USB\VID_0E5E&PID_6622?
I tried doing it myself by editing the .inf file and rebuilding the .cat file but driver signing stopped me. Sad

Thanks again.
/boman
(04-09-2013, 11:21 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Wetai: added your hardware id, see Post #639.

Works great! Thanks a lot.
@boman: added your hardware id, see Post #639.
Quote:@Nedo: it sounds like it is a Dolphin issue with XInput.

Do you know of a different game/software I could try out the Xinput with the analog trigger support on to make sure its just a dolphin issue?