XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(05-15-2013, 06:50 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @wasdoftime: it sounds like the X360 drivers are not installed correctly. Check in Device Manager that an "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" device is installed and working correctly. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

I re-installed the X360 drivers, but still no success. Attached is my ScpDriver.log (I dont have a ScpService.log file, when I try to run the ScpService.exe I get the message: "Cannot start service from the command line or debugger")

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: The forums aren't accepting my attachment for whatever reason, here's a link

Sponsored links

(05-15-2013, 06:50 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Fox: can you be more specific, "didn't vibrate perfectly" is not much to go on.

Sorry I'm not good at English. What I mean was that the vibration is like going out of sync, not perfect timing. Very noticeable in vibration-rich games. I noticed that for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Dolphin (Wii emulator), it's very VERY noticable, causing that game unplayable.

Don't think that's just me, since I tried SCP on one bluetooth, uninstalled, and then installed on another BT (different model), the same result. USB did better at vibration timing. MotioninJoy did good job at vibration for bluetooth.

Don't think it's just Dolphin, I noticed that in many PC games with vibration support.
Great work with the tool! I've avoided using my PS3 controller on my PC since the other programs/drivers I've tried has had really major problems, but this seems to work well.

I've got one question (sorry if this is asked before), is there a way I could remap buttons? There's some games where I would prefer to swap the triggers (R1<->R2 and L1<->L2) but I haven't found a way to do so. It looks like the tool doesn't directly support it, but is there a work around for this? I tried using x360ce but it doesn't seem to allow to customize button mapping for what it detects as a native 360 controller.
Hi, I'm currently having a problem trying to get this to work through Bluetooth. When I connect through USB it connects fine and I can play properly but when I try connecting it with Bluetooth; I can pair the DS3, It detects it but I can't use it and the 4 lights just keep on blinking. Any ideas? Thanks.

Also it sometimes connects but shows BTH 00000000 None but I can't do anything with it. With USB if I press PS button it howa the XBOX controller thing but it doesn't even work for this.
Great Work! But i have an annoying problem: Every time I turn off or restart my computer, i have to uninstall the driver and install it again, otherwise the joystick won't work. Any tips on this?
@simphax: you can use ScpVBus and ScpControl to write a C# standalone application which uses Virtual XInput devices. I've attached a Visual Studio 2010 Solution which demonstrates how to do this.

To create this from scratch -
1. Create a new Visual C# Project, Windows Forms Application, .Net Framework 4.
2. Add a reference to ScpControl.dll.
3. Add a new Component. [MyBusDevice.cs in the sample]
4. Add - using ScpControl; to the source file.
5. Change the class it is derived from to BusDevice.
6. Override the Parse() method.
7. Build the Solution.
8. Drag a MyBusDevice object from the toolbox onto your Form.
9. Drag a Timer object from the toolbox onto your form.
10. Add event handlers for Load and FormClosing for your Form.
11. Add event handler for Tick for your Timer.
12. Add code to Open / Start / Plugin your MyBusDevice to the Load handler.
13. Add code to Unplug / Stop / Close your MyBusDevice to the FormClosing handler.
14. Add code to construct your Input report, then Parse / Report to your MyBusDevice to the Tick handler.
15. Add code to Parse your Input report to an X360 Pad format to MyBusDevice.cs. [sample shows a subset, see ScpControl\BusDevice.cs for a full parse of a DS3 input report].
16. Build the Solution.
17. Stop the "SCP DS3 Service" in Service Manager. [Must have installed via ScpDriver first]
18. Debug your Solution.
19. Use ScpUser.exe to view the XInput device.

@wasdoftime: ScpService is a Windows Service, it is not intended to be run from the command line or by double clicking in Explorer.

It sounds like the service is unable to start for some reason, otherwise the ScpService.log would be created. Try to start the service - Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, scroll down to "SCP DS3 Service", right-click it and select Start. Report back any error.

What directory is it installed to?

@Fox: it is not something I have experienced, or been reported by any other user. Can you run Task Manager and monitor "CPU Usage" while playing a game that the Rumble lags.

What is your systems specs?

@Sectus: the driver package currently doesn't support button/axis mappings, see Post #941.

You should be able to configure x360ce to do what you want. I tested version 2.1.2.191 and was able to configure and use it with Triggers and Bumpers swapped - see screenshot of config.

@ss4adib: can you do the following -

1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

@MaicomElio: it sounds like the Service cannot start at boot time, can you zip up your ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.
I'm a bit confused about the installation. I can't get the PC to recognize the Dual Shock 3 as a Xbox controller. I've downloaded and installed the drivers from Microsoft, but I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I should install the drivers (from Microsoft) before or after plugging the DS3? I've tried every possibility, but the only thing that pops up at the Device Manager is a "PLAYSTATION®3 Controller", no "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows".
(05-17-2013, 08:36 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Fox: it is not something I have experienced, or been reported by any other user. Can you run Task Manager and monitor "CPU Usage" while playing a game that the Rumble lags.

What is your systems specs?
Z77 motherboard
i7 2600k OC'd to 4.6GHz
16GB DDR3-1866 C9 OC'd to 2133 C10
GPU 1: EVGA GTX 670 FTW (for games)
GPU 2: XFX HD 5570 (for movies)
Bluetooth 1: Class 2 [RF-MRBTAD] (SCP installed)
Bluetooth 2: Class 1 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261205243376) (tested with SCP, uninstalled & unplugged)
Bluetooth 3: PCI-E [GC-WB300D] (installed, manually uninstalled, never really been to SCP, used for Wiimotes)
Two black DS3s (both genuine)

My PC setup is pretty powerful so I couldn't see how can rumble lag relate to CPU... CPU never been to 100% in Task Manager, usually around 25% during SSBB running.

Is it just my setup with weird hardware combinations? I'll try on other computers around to see if it's just my PC Tongue

Also, just remember that MotioninJoy did better at rumble on bt. Must be just SCP!

Anyone please confirm this.

Stop assuming! k thx

- - - -

just tested on PCI-E bluetooth, same result.

Maybe you should focus carefully on rumble timing on SCP then on MiJ (or SCP on USB) so you'll find out it didn't rumble right on BT.
(05-17-2013, 08:36 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @wasdoftime: ScpService is a Windows Service, it is not intended to be run from the command line or by double clicking in Explorer.

It sounds like the service is unable to start for some reason, otherwise the ScpService.log would be created. Try to start the service - Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, scroll down to "SCP DS3 Service", right-click it and select Start. Report back any error.

What directory is it installed to?

Looks like we've found the problem! No "SCP DS3 Service" entry is found in that list. I have it installed to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Scarlet.Crush Productions. This is a reasonably fresh install of Windows, so I'm really confused as to why this isn't working! Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
@Muguetsu: can you zip up your ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

@Fox: can you zip up your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

@wasdoftime: can you run ScpDriver, click Uninstall, then click Install, then Exit. Zip up your ScpDriver.log, ScpService.InstallLog and ScpService.InstallState and post as an attachment.