XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(05-18-2013, 02:59 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @wasdoftime: can you run ScpDriver, click Uninstall, then click Install, then Exit. Zip up your ScpDriver.log, ScpService.InstallLog and ScpService.InstallState and post as an attachment.

I don't have ScpService.InstallLog or ScpService.InstallState! Attached is a picutre of my folder contents and the ScpDriver.log with your instructions.

Sponsored links

@wasdoftime: It looks from the log that something is preventing Service creation/deletion.

Can you do the following -

1. Open a command prompt
2. cd to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scarlet.Crush Productions"
3. run - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe ScpService.exe /ShowCallStack
4. Report back - this should create an ScpService.InstallLog

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1 and .Net 4.0 - couldn't reproduce the issue.
Okay, did as you asked. Here's the files you requested in a zip file.
@Contrite: your BTH Dongle is a very early REV of the CSR chipset (USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134) and doesn't fully support EDR.
There
(05-18-2013, 04:48 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @wasdoftime: It looks from the log that something is preventing Service creation/deletion.

Can you do the following -

1. Open a command prompt
2. cd to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scarlet.Crush Productions"
3. run - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe ScpService.exe /ShowCallStack
4. Report back - this should create an ScpService.InstallLog

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1 and .Net 4.0 - couldn't reproduce the issue.

I hope I did this right. It didn't create anything unfortunately.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Scarlet.Crush Productions>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe ScpService.exe /ShowCallStack
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 4.0.30319.17929
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Exception occurred while initializing the installation:
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Scarlet.Crush Productions\ScpService.exe' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515).
@Muguetsu: your log shows you have installed the Service to "C:\Users\Tiago\Downloads\Programas\XInput\ScpServer\bin", it might not be able to run from this location.

Quote:* create from an elevated command prompt if you have UAC enabled. The directory should not be created anywhere off your User directory (eg on your Desktop, or in your Downloads directory), it should also not be on a Network drive.

Try to start the service - Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, scroll down to "SCP DS3 Service", right-click it and select Start. Report back any error.

@wasdoftime: can you check to see if ScpService.exe, ScpControl.dll, ScpMonitor.exe or ScpDriver.exe are blocked. If they are unblock them. (Right-Click and select Properties - see screenshot).

What program did you use to extract the archive?
(05-18-2013, 02:59 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Fox: can you zip up your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.
(05-18-2013, 08:28 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @wasdoftime: can you check to see if ScpService.exe, ScpControl.dll, ScpMonitor.exe or ScpDriver.exe are blocked. If they are unblock them. (Right-Click and select Properties - see screenshot).

What program did you use to extract the archive?
Looks like you found the problem! A few of the ones listed turned out to be blocked. After unblocking them, everything workied fine. I used WinRAR to extract the archive.

Thanks again for your help. The driver is amazing!
Scarlet, I created a folder in Program Files, extracted the files there and installed from there. Went to Services in Administrative tools as you said and tried to start it. It pops the message:

"The service SCP DS3 Service in local Computer has been started and interrupted. Some services are interrupted automatically if they are not being used by other services or programs."

Also, I've downloaded the XInput-Wrapper-SCP-2.2.1.88 package that includes a SCPFilterDriver.exe. I'm not sure if I need to install this as well. I'm pretty confused here

Here are the logs, if they're gonna help. Some folder might be named in Portuguese. "Arquivos" mean "Files"