XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@Scarlet.Crush Well, I couldn't find the SCPService.log, but the SCPDriver.log is attached here

Sponsored links

@M0rbidFates: the log shows it's version 0.8.0.100, which is an old version. The release version (1.0.0.103) is available for download in Post #1. Follow the instructions there.

The log also doesn't show the drivers being installed, did you press the Install button?
Scarlet.Crush, thank you for this great piece of software. I can honestly say that I had much easier time installing it and getting it to work (it just worked flawlessly from the 1st attempt) than I did uninstalling MotioninJoy, which I was only able to fully uninstall after an hour of searching and trying everything that others recommended.

So far I've only got it to work over USB. I was hoping my MacBook Bluetooth would already be supported, as I saw one MacBook user post their ID, but it looks like my hardware ID is different than any of the ones enabled so far.

This is what I get when I go to Device Manager/Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth/Details tab/Hardware Ids dropdown:

USB\VID_05AC&PID_8286&REV_0100
USB\VID_05AC&PID_8286

Not sure why there's two entries there.
(05-20-2013, 09:50 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Muguetsu : can you clarify - you don't see the folder or you don't see the value? [see screenshot]

Post a screenshot of regedit.

I'm sorry, I thought ServicePipeTieout was a folder. Still, there's no file with that name either =(

[Image: semttulorun.png]
@Scarlet.Crush: Thanks, updating the drivers did the trick. At the time of performing troubleshooting, no I did not have them installed, but when I tried to do it before I did. I uninstalled them when they didn't work, since it was so easy to install them.

Thanks again for the help, and I'd love it if you watched my youtube videos when I finally can record ^_^
@jozefx: added an update for your hardware id, see Post #1.

@Muguetsu: if the value is not there the Service Control Manager (SCM) should use the default value of 30secs. If the 1053 error pops up immediately, it indicates that SCM is not allowing 30secs for the Service to start - hence is not using the default value.

Two things to do -

First - Verify that your system is functioning
1. Download the Tools from Post #1. (SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103-Tools.7z).
2. Extract as before into your "C:\Temp" directory, then copy "C:\Temp\ScpServer\bin\ScpServer.exe" to your "C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions" directory.
3. Run it by double-clicking it in Explorer.
4. Verify that it is recognising your DS3 by running ScpMonitor.exe and ScpUser.exe.
5. You should also see Windows installing an X360 controller.

Second - Try to get the Service running
1. Open regedit and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control.
2. Right-click in the right-hand pane, select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Type in ServicesPipeTimeout and hit return.
3. Double-click on ServicesPipeTimeout, click Decimal, then change Value Data to 60000. (60sec startup timeout). Click OK.
4. Close regedit and Reboot.
5. Check in Services if the "SCP DS3 Service" has started, if not attempt to start it and report back.
(05-21-2013, 01:14 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @jozefx: added an update for your hardware id, see Post #1
Holy crap, Bluetooth works perfectly now! Thank you so much for this.
Scarlet, for the first set of instructions, when I try to run ScpServer.exe after a fresh install and reboot, it loads for a while, but it doesn't actually do anything. I check with the Monitor, and it says it's still disconnected:

[Image: semttulo2pr.jpg]

Also, I couldn't find the ScpUser.exe. It wasn't with the main package an it didn't come with the tools package

For the second set of instructions, I've created the ServicesPipeTimeout, rebooted and tried to start the SCP service, but the same error pops up:

[Image: semttulortq.jpg]

Here are the logs, if needed
Hmm, I'm using 7zip and everytime I go to unzip the Driver Package file; I get this error:

"Can not Open file _____________ as archive"

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks.
(05-20-2013, 09:50 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Muguetsu : can you clarify - you don't see the folder or you don't see the value? [see screenshot]

Post a screenshot of regedit.

@Psycoms: added an update for your hardware id, see Post #1.

@M0rbidFates: you'll find them in your install directory. See first screenshot in Post #937.

The .log extension may be hidden if you haven't changed your folder options.

omg thank you <3, it now connects =D. now i have a diffrent problem tho =x. it connects to my bluetooth now, but buttons and sticks dont work when connected via bluetooth, the only thing i can do is make it rumble with the scpuser. anything i can do? =o.

edit: after reading around in this thread i saw someone else with this problem and it was beacuse his bluetooth dosnt support EDR. so im thinking thats my problem....time to get another bluetooth it seems >.<