XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
First of all Scarlet.Crush, just want to say thanks for making this brilliant program. Motionjoy is a mess and on Windows 7, presented BSOD often, on Windows 8 I couldn't use it at all because of the BSOD I was receiving. After using this I realised, its plug and play, no messing with control types like in motionjoy etc.

Having said this, I am having an intermittent problem with my connection via Bluetooth, the problem happens on two computers and I'm not sure whats wrong. Could it be the bluetooth adaptor I am using??? Because sometimes If i wiggle it around it works, some other times, not. Sometimes it connects and freezes my controller and sometimes it will freeze mid-game. I have tried two of my Dualshock 3 controllers-same result.

My id's shown for the adapter are:
Code:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

Its the one recommended by motionjoy here.

So I followed your instructions from earlier:

(06-10-2013, 09:36 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: can you do the following -

1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

Thanks if you have the time to help.

Dodge

Sponsored links

(06-15-2013, 09:10 PM)ToxicPhantom Wrote: This software refuses to work for me. I followed the instructions carefully downloading and installed everything. Still, my Dualshock 3 wont work. Why is this? I am running windows 7 32 bit.

I'm not sure why this is, do some basic troubleshooting and come back. Have you plugged it in to different ports? Seen if it appears in device manager or the game pad control panel? Lots of things you can try, including steps that people have been advised to do previously in the thread.

(06-16-2013, 02:31 AM)gincarnated Wrote: When attempting to load ScpService I get a "Windows Service Start Failure" error. Is there a solution to this?

This is what happens when you try to launch the service in windows explorer. You can't do this and don't need to. To start/stop the service, type services.msc in your run/search box and hit enter. Here you can search for the service named "SCP DS3 Service" and stop/start it.

OR

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, scroll down to "SCP DS3 Service", right-click it and select Start/stop.

On windows 8 the service can be found under Ds3Service in the task manager also, where you can stop/start it.
@Scarlet.Crush here is the security tab, it's grayed out but the system has full control.

I don't know why it just won''t work for anymore when i didn't even touch it when it was working well.
Hey,

Just want to say thank you so much for this! It works perfectly with my ps3 controllers. Just have to hit the Ps3 button and both my controllers will pair with the 4.0 IoGear Bluetooth adapter! follow page 1. worked like a charm. Thanks Scarlet.Crush

Ols
Thanks for this Scarlet.Crush! Works great for me via USB, but hoping to get support for my notebook BT Module (Atheros) as well:

USB\VID_13D3&PID_3362

Thanks again for your hard work on this!
Hi I've run into a problem when I installed the driver.

The problem is I have 2 bluetooth adapters:

- one is the default intel adapter which is built into my laptop (USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA), I've got all my bluetooth peripherals connected to this.

- the second is a dongle that I've got specifically for the DS3 (USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001)

When I install the driver it disables both my adapters meaning I can't use all my other peripherals.

Is there a way I can select just the dongle and retain use of my onboard adapter?
(06-17-2013, 06:52 PM)Trafford Devil Wrote: Hi I've run into a problem when I installed the driver.

The problem is I have 2 bluetooth adapters:

- one is the default intel adapter which is built into my laptop (USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA), I've got all my bluetooth peripherals connected to this.

- the second is a dongle that I've got specifically for the DS3 (USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001)

When I install the driver it disables both my adapters meaning I can't use all my other peripherals.

Is there a way I can select just the dongle and retain use of my onboard adapter?

You could just install it and roll back the driver for whichever device you wanted to keep in Device Manager
(06-18-2013, 09:07 AM)Tictoon Wrote: You could just install it and roll back the driver for whichever device you wanted to keep in Device Manager

I tried to do that, at first I couldn't see my adapter in device manager but when I checked show hidden devices it showed up. I then tried to roll back the driver but that option was grayed out. I'm on Windows 8 x64, if that helps.
Follow up:

I tried to stop scp driver from overwriting my internal adapter by removing all references of its hardware id in the inf file. However when I installed scp driver it only installed the usb driver not the Bluetooth driver.

I also wrote above what I can see my internal adapter in device manager when I enabled show hidden devices but I was mistaken, which means I can't just select it in device manager and update the driver manually.
I can see that the name being provided is PLAYSTATION®3Conteroller-ghic, so the knockoff manufacturer has made a typo and there is the added -ghic at the end. I've tried to look into ways to rename the device via registry but not had any luck. Is the code available where I can add my device name by any chance? Taking a guess the driver is not open source? Or do you know a way to change the device name?

From what I can tell it is a fairly common knockoff being sold online. If not source is available and the device name cannot be changed, would you be so awesome as to allow a third string that is referenced from an external file such as in the ScpControl.xml or a separate file where the user can set a string for their device name?