XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(08-05-2013, 07:47 AM)IncapsulatedThought Wrote: I've been having this same exact problem as of late. It's becoming a nuisance to reboot my computer every time I want to use my DS3 as a DS3. In the meantime, I just switched drivers for my controller since the lilypad scp keeps disconnecting, but having to reconfigure all of my games will become a hassle shortly.
I think I figured it out. I was going through a USB hub, when I connected directly to the computer I had no more problems.

Sponsored links

This would be entirely perfect if I was able to easily switch L1/R1 with L2/R2 for comfort and easier trigger access.
(08-06-2013, 04:21 AM)Sneaka Wrote: Hey guys! I got my DS3 to work via USB but have not had any luck with my bluetooth dongle. I've followed the instructions to a T to no avail. Under SCP DS3 Monitor, the Host Address is showing Disconnected. A question... do all bluetooth dongles come with more than one hardware ID? When I check the Hardware IDs, I get the following listed:

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E8&REV_0112
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E8

The bottom one is listed in the "Supported" IDs. I'm a bit lost.

*Edit* Attaching log as it seems like that is needed. Hope I can get this situated. Cheers!

I have the same issue (exact same bluetooth dongle). It looks like our revision/version isn't supported yet though, so we'll just have to be patient. Other than that this solution works wonders, and is just plain better than MotioninJoy. Thanks for your hard work Scarlet!

Edit: I got it working. It seems in Win7x64 you need to use "force install" to get the Bluetooth driver installed. So, the steps I followed:

1: Follow all directions on the first page through step 5
2: Make sure your DS3 and Bluetooth dongle are connected
3: On Windows 7 64-bit with the VID_0AEC&PID_REV_0112 device id, DO check the "Force Install" box
4: Check to see that the DS3 has connected (Devices & Printers > XBOX360 Controller > properties)
5: Use the L1 + L2 + PS button to disconnect
6: Unplug the DS3
7: Turn on DS3 as usual, it should now pair w/ the bluetooth dongle

I may have used extra steps, but this is what worked for me. Hope this helps anyone who is having this problem!
(08-06-2013, 07:14 PM)GingerVitas Wrote: I have the same issue (exact same bluetooth dongle). It looks like our revision/version isn't supported yet though, so we'll just have to be patient. Other than that this solution works wonders, and is just plain better than MotioninJoy. Thanks for your hard work Scarlet!

Edit: I got it working. It seems in Win7x64 you need to use "force install" to get the Bluetooth driver installed. So, the steps I followed:

1: Follow all directions on the first page through step 5
2: Make sure your DS3 and Bluetooth dongle are connected
3: On Windows 7 64-bit with the VID_0AEC&PID_REV_0112 device id, DO check the "Force Install" box
4: Check to see that the DS3 has connected (Devices & Printers > XBOX360 Controller > properties)
5: Use the L1 + L2 + PS button to disconnect
6: Unplug the DS3
7: Turn on DS3 as usual, it should now pair w/ the bluetooth dongle

I may have used extra steps, but this is what worked for me. Hope this helps anyone who is having this problem!

You sir, are a Godsend! Thank you for this. I can confirm that it worked. All I had to do was check the Force Install box as you stated and reinstall the drivers. Thanks again! Cheers!!
Hi all. Having a slight issue, probably and hopefully a quick fix.

Running 64-bit Windows 8, using a Sony DS3 controller. Installed the drivers, followed the OP to the letter. DS3 controller connects to the 'second pad' I think you call it, and my games simply won't recognise that I have a controller connected. When connected to the BT, the 2nd LED is lit. Controller calibrates fine, just isn't connected to the right pad. Any help would be much appeciated. Smile
(08-06-2013, 06:29 AM)AzHP Wrote: I think I figured it out. I was going through a USB hub, when I connected directly to the computer I had no more problems.

I'm connected directly to my computer through the front usb ports. I'll try another port the back ports on the motherboard and see if I have anymore issues.

edit: Turns out, the usb port I was connected to is far looser than the rest of my ports, so a bad port could simply be the problem. I'll test your method and see if I continue to have issues.
I've been really trying to get this driver to work on laptop but I just can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be amazing as this looks like the best option when it is working.

I have the Asus BT211 dongle and a PS3 Sixaxis on a Win 7 32 bit machine.
When I plug in the controller, the lights on the controller blink for about a minute and then shut off.

When I look in Devices, the controller shows up as Playstation® 3 Controller

The SCP DS3 Monitor appears to be running but all 4 pads say disconnected

When I run ScpDriver.exe (the folder is copied to c:\ScpServer\bin\), this is the log I get:

INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTx86]...
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x103)

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --

This is after trying to install it a whole bunch of times. I used to get other details with some things saying "Success".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox 360 Accessories drivers.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?
Just as an update, I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers and the xbox 360 controller drivers and then reinstalled SCP DS3 and this was the log I got:

SCP Bluetooth Driver Installer 1.0.0.103 [07/08/2013 8:33:53 PM]

Detected - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536 x86)
Selected WIN7 configuration.

SUCCESS - Virtual Bus Created
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\ScpServer\bin\System\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_x86_neutral_21ca245c0e23d7a5\scpvbus.inf".
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
SUCCESS - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
INFO - Installation was successful.
SUCCESS - Install completed
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\ScpServer\bin\System\BthWinUsb.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_0B05&PID_1783&REV_0001" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\bthwinusb.inf_x86_neutral_20bd213ec24c27eb\BthWinUsb.inf".
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
SUCCESS - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
INFO - Installation was successful.
SUCCESS - Install completed
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --
Bus Device
Bus Driver
Bluetooth Driver

---------------------------------

It still doesn't seem to pair and doesn't work by USB either. I don't even really care about the bluetooth at this point. Any suggestions?
I have a problem in Windows 8.1 where when I uninstall the drivers, I have to repair the regular bluetooth drivers manually. This is a problem for me because I install and uninstall frequently to be able to use my bluetooth mouse.
Hello,
I write to all of you again because I have a problem..
After not using the Xinput Wrapper for about a year for Dark Souls,
I decided to install it again for the same game, I have done all necessary steps (Uninstalled previous one, installed newest and of course before that I also uninstalled all unused drivers and such)

I did exactly the same thing as before, yet this time even though it worked, I seem to have a problem.

Everytime something hits me, or I do a critical attack, my controller vibrates, which is normal.
But everytime my controler vibrates, it disconnects for a time of half a second in which I cannot do anything in the game.
This is a very annoying problem.
And it seems I cannot disable vibrations in Dark Souls, although I would if I could.

The rumble options in SCPUser also seem to cause a disconnection for a while.

Its definitely not because of my controller or the cable.
Anyone help?