XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Closing in on 2 months without a post from the developer Scarlet.Crush, not sure when he'll return and how far back he'll go for responding to users so am linking back to my question/request.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid305073

Basically my controller is not official but a common knockoff, seems to work perfectly but refuses to connect when paired over bluetooth due to the device name "PLAYSTATION®3Conteroller-ghic"(Conteroller is not a typo) not matching.

Is there anyway to change this on my controller so that it is accepted?
Is the source code for your driver open and available somewhere so that I could make the modification to the if statement myself for my own use?
If source code is not available is there any chance you could accept a string provided in a txt or xml file externally? Or a toggle/button to ignore the requirement to match device name?

Cheers, would really love to use this driver wirelessly, would pay/donate for device support if you like Smile

Sponsored links

Quote:I hope this isn't abandonware at this point. I can't seem to get it functioning properly with Windows 8. I can install the drivers and get the DS3 to work perfectly through BT, but as soon as the computer goes to sleep, hibernates, or is shut down, the controller no longer syncs with the computer. The service is running, and the monitor still shows the port as being reserved, but the controller's LEDs just blink endlessly and there is no communication.

Restarting the computer does not does not cause this issue. It is just sleep, hibernate, and shutdown that cause the problem. Even plugging the controller back in doesn't resync it; I have to completely uninstall the driver and reinstall it to get it to work again. This makes it pretty useless since it means always having a USB cable around to reconnect it, and having to go through the uninstall and reinstall process every time I shut the computer's lid.

I've messed around for a couple of weeks with every setting I could find... nothing fixes it. The log files don't seem to shed any light either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

This ^^

Only difference is im running Win7

I tried everything i could think of... but as soon as i power down the laptop, i cannot pair my DS3 to my Bluethooth adapter anymore. while before powering down everything works like a charm....

i read through a bunch of the messages here in this thread but it seems only me and him have this issue??! or not ?

if anyone has any ideas how to fix this id really appreciate a reply...
I had the exact same problem as Ender13 and fntanyl.
My solution was to stop the service, install orignal Bt driver, install scp driver from device manager than start the service again.
Now with the nice tool named devcon.exe i can do this with a batch file after booting up my pc and the ds3 syncs nicely.
As a nice side effect i can now activate/deactivate the scp driver so i can use my normal Bt.

i found a working devcon for win7/8 64bit here http://delphintipz.blogspot.de/2012/07/d...abled.html
hope this helps you
I would also be keen to see if this tool will be further supported / developed. My understanding is that scarlet crush has provided the source - so any body with the right knowledge can pick it up and expand of it.....
Just for reference, I have a USB Bluetooth dongle which works fine with these drivers in both XP and Win7 despite not being listed as supported:

Trust BT 2210 TP 2.0 EDR
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2121

Just have to add the VID and PID to BthWinUsb.inf and it works perfectly.
Oh god it works better than motioninjoy, i was stuck on that program, thx scarlet.
Suscribing there, for upcoming updates or something.
@pez2k: You did this with the update 17 inf? I added mine and it doesn't work.
Guys, I've installed everything successfully and for some reason it won't work. It still shows up as a PS3 controller, not an Xbox controller.

It also doesn't show up in the windows 8 joystick screen. Any help?

Windows 8 64bit
Guess I have no hope of ever getting any help on this particular subject..
(08-13-2013, 02:50 PM)Increesingly2 Wrote: Guys, I've installed everything successfully and for some reason it won't work. It still shows up as a PS3 controller, not an Xbox controller.

It also doesn't show up in the windows 8 joystick screen. Any help?

Windows 8 64bit

Have you plugged in your controller via usb during the installation?
Or Have you updated the Xbox 360 Controller Drivers?
lol