XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
For some reason, I can't get Windows 8 Pro 64-bit to detect my DS3 controller. When I plug it in, it installs some generic driver, but the controller doesn't appear in the "Game Controllers" menu and doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

Sponsored links

I am using a Dell window8 laptop. Having the same problem as the above person. By the way is there a way to uninstall the bluetooth driver?
I've successfully tested this on 2 Windows 8 64-bit laptops. Works amazing on both.
(08-31-2013, 07:09 PM)Soul Shinobi Wrote: I was having connectivity issues all of a sudden, it seemed to be triggered by the rumble. The only thing that solved it was a full uninstall of the 360 and XInput drivers, reboot, reinstall, reboot.

I again have the same issue, disabling vibration in game seems to work. I'm using an official DS3 on Warframe.
I managed to connect it. It was a combination of two problems: 1) Windows 8 doesn't need any additional Xbox 360 controller drivers. If you downloaded them, uninstall them 2) Windows is stupid and only recognizes my controller when I connect it to certain USB ports. If you have problems, keep trying different ports.
First off. Thank you so much man, I've been looking into how to write filter driver software for the same purpose. Motionjoy was terrible software distributed in a manner that seemed very disrespectful of the end users; it also caused connectivity issues with my wireless XBox 360 controllers. x360ce was okay, but the application level configuration requirements were bogus. As we like to say "ain't nobody got time for that."

While I've only tested it minimally, it is immediately apparent that someone finally understood what people need and implemented it. As a gamer and programmer, open source enthusiastic/advocate, and long-time dealer with this issue, you are my hero. Definitely dude of the year award in my book.

All that said, forums are a really terrible mechanism for software distribution and collaboration. I also notice that you're packaging still leaves a bit to be desired. I am very much interested in contributing to a professional finish to the work you've done here, at the least by putting together an installer package and helping with documentation.

I was hoping that since it's already open source you would be open to hosting it on a more professional platform such as Sourceforge or Github; somewhere that will facilitate others working with the project and can facilitate an easier end-user experience.

(I know that's a sentence, but it's also a question.)

I would be happy to do the ground work of getting it set up if you're not familiar with the tools.
(09-01-2013, 06:50 PM)ReaperX24 Wrote: 1) Windows 8 doesn't need any additional Xbox 360 controller drivers. If you downloaded them, uninstall them

Really? I haven't gotten to play much, but when testing out the controller in FFXII, everything seemed to be working fine (though I'm not sure if Rumble was or not), and I installed the Xbox 360 drivers as per the instructions in the OP.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 overclocked to 3.2 GHz (stock 2.66 GHz)
Motherboard: Abit IP-35 Pro
Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 1GB Superclocked
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
RAM: Patriot 4GB DDR2 800MHz
PSU: Antec NeoBlue 650w
Preliminary testing observations/questions:

[1] The id led on the controller matches the Wrapper ID number, not the XInput ID number. e.g. Wrapper ID #1 can be XInput ID #3. It would be nice if they matched. I was thinking you could check which XInput slots are open when the controller is connected and assign it properly from the beginning rather than translate between two ids. This addressees the problem of what happens when '# of x360c + # of DS3 > 4'.

[2] I also notice that unplugged controllers stay reserved and there doesn't seem to be a flush mechanism. What happens when you run out of slots? I assume the oldest reservation is removed. It seems like otherwise you need a service or system restart.

[3] The Microsoft Xbox Accessories utility which reports battery levels of controllers doesn't show the battery level. Can it be made to? Or is that how it avoids conflicting with native wireless controllers? Could you flash the battery level on the LEDs when the PS button is pressed, or something similar so we can check? It seems like the monitor is reading the levels already.

[4] A major inconvenience with XInput is that you can't assign the controller to a specific port short of disconnecting them all and reconnecting in order. In situations such as a dead battery or a changing set of players, that's not always possible. Is it possible to manage this via your application? i.e. change controller in slot 2 to be slot 3.
(09-01-2013, 07:49 PM)Scorpio.RGc1 Wrote: Really? I haven't gotten to play much, but when testing out the controller in FFXII, everything seemed to be working fine (though I'm not sure if Rumble was or not), and I installed the Xbox 360 drivers as per the instructions in the OP.

In my case, XInput Wrapper couldn't emulate the Xbox 360 controller while the drivers were installed. Whenever I install the XInput Wrapper drivers, the PS3 controller just disappears from the list of the detected controllers.
hello guys,
just wanna ask if the development still alive?
and it's weird that the bluetooth update in front page is for different version