XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(09-26-2013, 08:32 PM)Huesoman Wrote: EDIT: I forgot to say that when I unplugged the USB cable (that connected the PS3 controller to the PC), the controller's first red light (there are four as you know) was turned on, without blinking or anything, just like when you use it on the PS3, so I guess it was indeed connected to the bluetooth device, BUT (and this is a big but) when I went to control panel this is what I got:
[Image: FhEymqc.jpg]
as you can see, there isn't the PS3 controller icon, and when I tried to configure the controller windows didn't recognize the inputs, again, as there weren't a controller device connected.

Sounds like u got it. Test it out in a game. Remember this program emulates an Xbox controller using a ps3 remote. If installed correctly u should not see a ps3 remote in device manager, but an Xbox 360 one.

Sponsored links

(09-26-2013, 10:23 PM)forgone Wrote: Sounds like u got it. Test it out in a game. Remember this program emulates an Xbox controller using a ps3 remote. If installed correctly u should not see a ps3 remote in device manager, but an Xbox 360 one.

Yes, I think I got the bluetooth connection but even with that the controller does not respond Wacko. When I plugged in the bluetooth device the bluetooth icon appeared in "devices and printers", then I hit the PS button on the controller (without being connected via the USB cable) and... I got the connection! the xbox360 controller icon appeared in "devices and printers", so I thought: "Finally! I can play my games via bluetooth!", but when I right click the icon to configure the controller, well, nothing happened. It SHOULD look like this:
[Image: kHd1DjN.jpg]

but not, when I press the buttons, contrary to what the image above shows, nothing turns on, neither buttons or directionals. But when I connected the PS3 controller via USB cable then I can configure the controller like in the image above. As I said, apparently the bluetooth connection is established but windows doesn't recognize the PS3 controller inputs for some reason.

I test the controller with 2 games: Skullgirls and KOF XIII, and it worked like a charm while the PS3 controller were connected via the USB cable; when I run the same games with the controller connected via bluetooth, well, nothing happened, I couldn't even cut the intro movies because windows didn't recognize my button presses.

I don't want to take more time from you but, could you give me some advices or a link with a tutorial or something that can help me to resolve my issue? Thanks again btw.
Hey. First of all, thank you very much to Scarlet for offering this alternative to Motioninjoy's DS3 tool, which has caused countless BSOD's and much frustration.

I'm having a bit of an issue installing this properly.

Having followed the steps (I believe)

I first uninstalled DS3 Tool

I then installed Microsoft's controller drivers and downloaded the SCP Driver pack.

I created a folder in the C drive called "PS3 Drivers" and placed the pack (As a zip) in that folder. Once done, I extracted the contents within that folder and ran the "SCPDriver.exe". I made sure that my controller was plugged into my USB port beforehand, and installed the drivers both with and without the "Force Install" option.

My controller's lights began to blink, though after closing the program they stopped.

Since then I've attempted to use my controller in-game (Namely FFXIV Online, which is already set up to recognize Xinput from my having used DS3 tool in the past) however there was no response.

I'd also like to point out that I have very little to no knowledge of using the command prompt effectively and have been getting a few errors when trying to run other .exe's in the file contents.

Here's what I'm getting

ScpService (Located in bin): Cannot start the service from a command line or debugger. A Windows service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

-I've searched for the "installutil.exe" file and haven't found anything.

SCPUser.exe (located in bin/Win32): The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Also, this is what shows under my Devices and Printers.

[Image: UPyLR59.png]
(09-27-2013, 12:49 AM)existingdark Wrote: ...
Here's what I'm getting

ScpService (Located in bin): Cannot start the service from a command line or debugger. A Windows service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command.

-I've searched for the "installutil.exe" file and haven't found anything.

SCPUser.exe (located in bin/Win32): The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Also, this is what shows under my Devices and Printers...
I get the same message when trying to execute ScpService, but I think you don't need to do so, I think it run automatically when you start Windows. If don't, then you can follow this steps:
- click windows logo on your keyboard, type (or copy paste):
cmd
- Now you will see it appear above, right click it and choose "run as administartor", then type (or copy paste):
net stop "SCP DS3 Service"
-And there you have, ScpService running.

About SCPUser.exe I don't know what is it about for, but I don't get that "MSVCP100.dll is missing" message, it works for me. Maybe you need to download the xbox 360 controller drivers, check out the first post for a link.
(09-26-2013, 08:56 PM)Huesoman Wrote: Maybe your bluetooth hardware id isn't supported, to check what is to hardware id go to "devices and printers" and right click the bluetooth icon, then go to the hardware tab and click on properties and under the details tab change device description to hardware id, the second line is your hardware id, mine is: USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001. After that go to the first page of this thread and check if yours is listed as a "currently supported dongle". If not maybe you can modify something (a file) to make it work, but I don't know how to do that, if your hardware id is on the list then, maybe, you have the same problem as mine.

Nah I checked that. Just made sure to delete all drivers from MiJ and SCP, restart, and installed fine. Time to put UAC back on. Thanks though.
(09-24-2013, 04:58 AM)forgone Wrote: Disclaimer: I do not guarantee this file will work. I don't gurentee it will not destroy your computer. I am not a programmer, just a kid on the internet who found a work around for his own problem. This technique worked for me, but it may not work for you.

I added The following Bluetooth hardware ID's to bthwinusb.inf:

USB\VID_13D3&PID_3404&REV_0112
USB\VID_13D3&PID_3404
USB\VID_040B&PID_2013&REV_0200
USB\VID_040B&PID_2013
USB_Install, USB\Vid_8888&Pid_0008

To use this .inf:
1. Download

-Download bthwinusb.txt from this post.
-Open notepad.
-Copy Text into notepad.

2. Save as .inf file.

-Go to file, then to save as.
-Rename the file bthwinusb.inf.

3. Find your "system" folder

-Find where you put the program files [The recommendation by scarlet was to put them into - C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions]
-Go into the "system" file.
-There you should see a file named bthwinusb.inf. This is where you will save the dowloaded .inf.

4. Save the .inf to "system" folder

-You need administrative power to save the downloaded file to the system folder. I recommend opening 7-zip as an admin than copying file to your system folder.* (override the other bthwinusb if prompted).
-Your hardware ID should now be supported. Good luck Biggrin.

*This file is no longer signed and you may need to force windows to install it.
*In Windows Vista, I did not have to do anything special. I just had to approve the installation. In windows 8, I had to turn off checking driver signature (video link on how to do this).

Edit: If this file downloads as text in a new internet tab, the following steps may be easier.
-Open notepad as Admin.
-Copy text from bthwinusb.txt into notepad.
-Save into system folder with the name bthwinusb.inf (to find your system folder see steps 3 above).

Thanks man Laugh
Excuse my stupidity Sad
I've done the "bthwinusb.inf." part, but I don't have the scarlet.crush productions Sad
So can this even be called a wrapper anymore?

To my understanding, the actual xinput wrapper was a precursor to the drivers this thread is all about as of now.
Seeing as the wrapper has 20k downloads vs. the driver package's 2k, does this thread's title need to be changed to clear confusion, or was the wrapper more popular than I assumed it was?

I admittedly don't know much about this, so if it's still technically a wrapper then please correct me.
(09-27-2013, 02:07 AM)Huesoman Wrote: I get the same message when trying to execute ScpService, but I think you don't need to do so, I think it run automatically when you start Windows. If don't, then you can follow this steps:
- click windows logo on your keyboard, type (or copy paste):
cmd
- Now you will see it appear above, right click it and choose "run as administartor", then type (or copy paste):
net stop "SCP DS3 Service"
-And there you have, ScpService running.

About SCPUser.exe I don't know what is it about for, but I don't get that "MSVCP100.dll is missing" message, it works for me. Maybe you need to download the xbox 360 controller drivers, check out the first post for a link.

When I either attempt to do net start "SCP DS3 Service" or doing net stop, I get a messege saying that the service name is invalid.

Also, I really don't understand why my controller just isn't responding in any game after having installed the drivers. When I open the SCP Monitor, it doesn't show as any controllers being plugged in either. I have the current XBOX 360 controller drivers installed.

Also if needed I would be up for Teamviewer and/or skype session for anyone who would want to help. My skype is same as my username here. If needed, I could even be willing to donate a bit of money for the help via paypal when my next paycheck hits because honestly, it's between getting these drivers working and just buying a 360 controller. I really just want to play FFXIV and Dark Souls without getting random BSOD from Motioninjoy's horrid drivers.
Is there any way to get this to work on Windows 8.1
(09-27-2013, 07:07 PM)existingdark Wrote: When I either attempt to do net start "SCP DS3 Service" or doing net stop, I get a messege saying that the service name is invalid.
Thats weird, you can also start ScpService by right clicking the task bar, then go to administrative tools, then under the "services" tab there is a "services" button, click it, look for "SCP DS3 Service", right click it and choose start.
(09-27-2013, 07:07 PM)existingdark Wrote: Also, I really don't understand why my controller just isn't responding in any game after having installed the drivers. When I open the SCP Monitor, it doesn't show as any controllers being plugged in either. I have the current XBOX 360 controller drivers installed.
It seems to me you need to unistall the ScpDriver, and install it again but this time with a check in the "Force install" box. I solve it to me when ScpMonitor were showing me "disconnected" while I had my controller connected via USB or bluetooth. Now I can use it via the USB cable, but when via bluetooth windows doesn't register my inputs.

(09-27-2013, 12:49 AM)existingdark Wrote: Here's what I'm getting

We are the same here, I get exactly the same message, that is why I start ScpService using the command prompt (net start "SCP DS3 Service"), but I can tell you that even with that message I can use the controller via USB cable without problems, so if you are going to use your controller via a USB cable I don't think you must worry about that message. Of course I recommend you to check the "force install" option, even if you use windows 7 (as I do).