XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Having some issues with San Andreas for the PC. it seems like only half the buttons work.. Any ideas?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

(10-01-2013, 01:55 AM)Beep Beep Wrote: That's the thing, I don't see it at all. Hence I'm unable to "turn it on".

I see, it seems you have the same problem as @existingdark, you can read the last two pages for this. But I'll be honest, I never had such problem and don't know how to deal with it.
(09-30-2013, 08:11 PM)bungkoes Wrote: hello, can anyone help me identify what the problem is?
i'm using windows 8.1 x86

when i install the driver everything seem fine, all the button works fine
[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]

and then i unplugged the usb cable and press ps button, but nothing happen (it wont connect to bluetooth)
[Image: 3.jpg]

when i plug the cable again, it detected as another pad
[Image: 4.jpg]

scp services is running

From the ScpMonitor image I can see your bluetooth HCI is 3.3164, and I had the same (until I got a new bluetooth dongle). Tell me, is this you bluetooth device hardware id?:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

To check it, go to "devices and printers" in control panel, right click the bluetooth icon, choose "properties", go to the "hardware" tab, click properties, go to the "details" tab and look for "hardware id" in the drop-box menu.

If you see this: USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134, then your bluetooth is v2.0 but not v2.0+EDR, so your ps3 controller inputs will not be registered, but the rumble function yes. By the way, in your install summary I read this:
Bus Device
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver
Bluetooth Driver

but my installation read this:
SCP DS3 Service
Bus Device
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver
Bluetooth Driver

I don't know if that is what is causing your problem but it could be, I don't know really.

EDIT: If you are from South America I recommend you to buy this:
Trendnet TBW-107UB (Version 1.0R)
that Bluetooth supports EDR and works fine, its hardware id is:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001
I use it now, it replaced the USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134 (a generic one). The Trendnet one came with a CD that let you install the BlueSoleil programm, that then will install the drivers, but I DID NOT install the blueSoleil program, I connected the Bluetooth dongle directly and use the generic drivers already installed, and as I say, it works without any issues at all. I didn't install the bluesoleil program because the user guide reads that you need to unistall previous bluetooth drivers and I was afraid it could bring some problems with the ScpDriver.
(10-01-2013, 02:14 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Having some issues with San Andreas for the PC. it seems like only half the buttons work.. Any ideas?

Don't know, but I use JoyToKey, it give me problems initially but I got a solution that will post tomorrow.
(10-01-2013, 05:51 AM)Huesoman Wrote: From the ScpMonitor image I can see your bluetooth HCI is 3.3164, and I had the same (until I got a new bluetooth dongle). Tell me, is this you bluetooth device hardware id?:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

To check it, go to "devices and printers" in control panel, right click the bluetooth icon, choose "properties", go to the "hardware" tab, click properties, go to the "details" tab and look for "hardware id" in the drop-box menu.

If you see this: USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134, then your bluetooth is v2.0 but not v2.0+EDR, so your ps3 controller inputs will not be registered, but the rumble function yes. By the way, in your install summary I read this:
Bus Device
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver
Bluetooth Driver

but my installation read this:
SCP DS3 Service
Bus Device
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver
Bluetooth Driver

I don't know if that is what is causing your problem but it could be, I don't know really.

EDIT: If you are from South America I recommend you to buy this:
Trendnet TBW-107UB (Version 1.0R)
that Bluetooth supports EDR and works fine, its hardware id is:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001
I use it now, it replaced the USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134 (a generic one). The Trendnet one came with a CD that let you install the BlueSoleil programm, that then will install the drivers, but I DID NOT install the blueSoleil program, I connected the Bluetooth dongle directly and use the generic drivers already installed, and as I say, it works without any issues at all. I didn't install the bluesoleil program because the user guide reads that you need to unistall previous bluetooth drivers and I was afraid it could bring some problems with the ScpDriver.

my bt id
[Image: hd.jpg]
im using mini nova bluetooth, it says bluetooth v2.0+edr adapter in the box

in your installation it say "SCP DS3 Service", that is for scp service right?
i think i already have that in my services
(10-01-2013, 07:13 AM)bungkoes Wrote: my bt id
[Image: hd.jpg]
im using mini nova bluetooth, it says bluetooth v2.0+edr adapter in the box

in your installation it say "SCP DS3 Service", that is for scp service right?
i think i already have that in my services
Ok, then it is not a problem of EDR (assuming it is true what reads in the box). If I remember correctly, to pair the controller with the BT dongle you need to connect both to the pc via USB, then stop "SCP DS3 Service", then start it again, after that disconnect the USB cable from the pc and press the ps button, the controller red lights should blink until got the bluetooth connection, that moment only one red light should stay on and without blinking. I recommend you to read this thread from post #639 (page 64) onwards, maybe you can find something useful related to your problem, at least it worked for me.
Hello guys. Im a rookie here and i have to say, this is a great little tool. So much better than being stuck with motionjoy. I have one slight issue and i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. A lot of times when im playing games with the controller via bluetooth, it would become unresponsive and lag for a few seconds. Some times it even sticks and keep going in the last direction i pressed and i would have no control over the character. ( ie. if i start walking left with lara croft, she would continue walking left even after i stop using the analog stick.) anyone have a solution to this? Im using an official sony controller. Thank you in advance. BTW this doesnt happen when connected by usb.
Well, after solved the bluetooth problem, now I ran into another problem, but fortunately I get rid of it too... in some way. The issue was that I play almost all my PC games using JoyToKey to emulate a keyboard via Joystick, and for some reason JoyToKey didn't register the shoulder triggers (L2 and R2) and I found that this has nothing to do with the Xinput Wrapper but with the xbox controller drivers; so this "solution" works for a xbox360 controller user and for those who use the Dualshock3 via Xinput wrapper:

Quote:The problem of the shoulder triggers not being registered by JoyToKey isn't in fact a problem; JoyToKey does indeed register the shoulder trigger inputs, but you won't notice it by default. This is because the shoulder triggers (LT and RT) aren't your normal analog or digital buttons, but they (LT and RT) trigger the z-axis, and JoyToKey doesn't show the z-axis in its default window layout (see image below).
http://i.imgur.com/CmZNfWs.jpg

So this is what you need to do in order to see the z-axis inputs in JoyToKey:
- In the default window (see image above) go to the "Options" tab, then in the first drop-down box (Show/Hide buttons) choose "Show all axes (8 way + POV x 2)" instead of "Stick x 2 + POV x 1"; now go back to the "Joystick 1" tab and you will see this:
http://i.imgur.com/oPUlIZN.jpg

if you press the Left trigger in the xbox360 controller the "Axis5(>0)" line will be highlighted, and the RT will highlight "Axis5(<0), so finally you can now assign keys to the xbox360 controller triggers.

Another problem (that I believe is present only when using DS3 via Xinput Wrapper) is that sometimes, while using the DS3 controller in conjunction with JoytoKey, there is a conflict between the inputs read by your button presses, sometimes it would read as if you were using the keyboard (via joytokey) and sometimes as if you were using the controller itself (like if there were no JoyToKey enable). It is like you were playing with the controller itself and with the keyboard at the same time, but you are in fact using just the keyboard (via JoyToKey). I don't want to go deeper because it would take me a lot of words but if you don't get rid of this there would be a possibility of more than one inputs for the same button; for instance, you could get punch or kick when pressing "button 2", even when you assign only kick to "button 2"; another problem is that the "rapid fire" or "turbo" function will don't work properly. To avoid all this issues I recommend to start JoyToKey "before" running the game you want to play (not "during" the game), if that isn't enough, you can try to match the controller inputs and the keyboard inputs, for example if you assign "kick" to "button 2" when playing with the controller only (I mean without running JoyToKey), you can assign the "kick" key to "button 2" when playing with the keyboard via JoyToKey, so "button 2" will trigger a "kick" in both, controller (by itself) and keyboard (via JoyToKey); however the best solution I found is to give no inputs to the controller buttons; below you can see 4 images from the "button config window" during a match of kof xiii steam edition, the first 2 images show the xbox360 controller default buttons mappings, while the last 2 show the "no inputs" mapping that would eliminate the inputs conflict issue explained lines above, in order to use JoyToKey at its best.

[Image: Xpa91DQ.jpg]
[Image: lqR2a7e.jpg]
[Image: gBGAqNi.jpg]
[Image: UZc7ZAk.jpg]

If you watched closely you would have noticed in the fourth image that the input "play" is assigned to "button 11", so we have one button with an input instead of "no inputs" as in the rest of buttons; well, that is because I couldn't get rid of all buttons, I always have to kept one button active, so I chose to assign the "play" input to that button, a button that I will use almost never so it won't be a problem when I'm playing.

If you found a better way to use JoyToKey with your DS3 controller please post it here and share with us your findings. I think that is all for me, thanks again Scarlet Crush for sharing your amazing tool.

EDIT: apparently the "trick" works with KOF XIII but not with Skullgirls, that game doesn't allow you to unmap all buttons so you can set "no inputs" just to a few of them. And there is more, the problem not only arise when you use the Dualshock 3 controller, but also when you use any other controller! Apparently the ScpDriver overwrite the drivers for any pc controller you were using; for example, before using the DS3 on my pc, I was using the Logitech Cordless Precision on my pc and had no problems when using JoyToKey, but now that I installed the ScpDriver I have the same problems described above using the Logitech controller or the Dualshock 3.
If someones knows how to deal with the Xinput Wrapper while using JoyToKey please share your knowledge, I don't know what else to do.
I followed your instructions and everything works wired! However, when I unplugged my DS3, the lights were blinking, my pc's bult-in bluetooth couldn't find it, and the DS3 eventually shut off. Win 8 64-bit. I was running MotioninJoy before. Maybe I didn't fully uninstall it.. But my Bluetooth is Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® 4.0 and the hardware id's are:

USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC&REV_0001
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC

I tried searching this thread but I couldn't find the solution although I'm sure it's there. What do you guys think the problem is?

Thank you all for your help and for this tool!
(10-01-2013, 07:10 PM)Huesoman Wrote: Ok, then it is not a problem of EDR (assuming it is true what reads in the box). If I remember correctly, to pair the controller with the BT dongle you need to connect both to the pc via USB, then stop "SCP DS3 Service", then start it again, after that disconnect the USB cable from the pc and press the ps button, the controller red lights should blink until got the bluetooth connection, that moment only one red light should stay on and without blinking. I recommend you to read this thread from post #639 (page 64) onwards, maybe you can find something useful related to your problem, at least it worked for me.

Sorry for butting in but how do you stop the "SCP DS3 Service" and how do you start it?