XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hello, as with many others I'm trying to escape motioninjoy. I can't get this program to work however.
I've tried installing, reinstalling both scp drivers and xbox utilities, and installing scp drivers with different checks in the boxes.
My services manager doesn't list the scp service as being there.[/code]
My scp monitor is completely blank. Says everything is disconnected yada yada.
I've posted a log of my attempt of replicating the installation steps. I cannot attatch the file type for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/DiQitZYP

Sponsored links

can you make a version which supports all axes?(left stick, right stick, L2 press, R2 press [L2/R2 separate ofcourse], left/right tilt, forward/backward tilt)? (because some games DO support "random" controllers and are written in such a way thet they can detect the capabilities of any connected devices)
Hey man this is ca great program, but I've been having a little issue.

This program seems to have been causing random blue screens for me while gaming.

It happens when my usb connection to the controller becomes a little lose and the controller disconnects and reconnects.

This is the error I've been getting

"irql not less or equal usbport.sys"

I'm using Windows 8

Is there anyway to prevent or limit the frequency of this? Thanks a lot
Hi all! i just joined the site, i just wanted to say thanks for the drivers, i have run into a snag though my adapter isn't on the supported list i was hoping you could help, thanks ahead of time good sir!

USB\VID_0461&PID_4D75&REV_0667
USB\VID_0461&PID_4D75

both of these id's were in the device manerger for my BTD
(10-11-2013, 07:50 PM)Stylised Wrote: Hello, as with many others I'm trying to escape motioninjoy. I can't get this program to work however.
I've tried installing, reinstalling both scp drivers and xbox utilities, and installing scp drivers with different checks in the boxes.
My services manager doesn't list the scp service as being there.[/code]
My scp monitor is completely blank. Says everything is disconnected yada yada.
I've posted a log of my attempt of replicating the installation steps. I cannot attatch the file type for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/DiQitZYP

To add to this, it seems like the service isn't being installed properly. I've tried installing it manually but I don't know how to install it properly.
Ok, the solution to the service not installing is to right click on scpservice.exe, click on properties and unblock.
Then just install as usual.
(06-18-2013, 02:37 PM)Polarathene Wrote: I can see that the name being provided is PLAYSTATION®3Conteroller-ghic, so the knockoff manufacturer has made a typo and there is the added -ghic at the end. I've tried to look into ways to rename the device via registry but not had any luck. Is the code available where I can add my device name by any chance? Taking a guess the driver is not open source? Or do you know a way to change the device name?

From what I can tell it is a fairly common knockoff being sold online. If not source is available and the device name cannot be changed, would you be so awesome as to allow a third string that is referenced from an external file such as in the ScpControl.xml or a separate file where the user can set a string for their device name?

I've just got one of these controllers as well. After fiddling for quite a while, getting it to work fine wired, but not getting it to connect via bluetooth, I noticed the weird name spelling in the ScpService.log

I couldn't find a follow up to the message above. Is a solution possible or being worked on? I would appreciate it very much. If anything, it would save people a lot of fiddling and frustration.

Thanks for all the work so far!
Sorry for the really nooby post but is there any way this would work without an USB dongle? My laptop does support Bluetooth (it's built in), I just don't have a dongle. And I don't use bluetooth for anything else atm so I don't really mind if it overwrites other connections or anything.
(08-09-2013, 05:48 PM)Polarathene Wrote: Basically my controller is not official but a common knockoff, seems to work perfectly but refuses to connect when paired over bluetooth due to the device name "PLAYSTATION®3Conteroller-ghic"(Conteroller is not a typo) not matching.

(08-20-2013, 01:44 AM)Baal Wrote: The source code is included in the 7z file with the driver package itself. I'm not sure what kind of license (if any) Scarlet releases it under, but personal use is always fine.

I added this device name to BthDevice.cs. Change
Code:
if (Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" || Name == "Navigation Controller")
to
Code:
if (Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" || Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller-ghic" || Name == "Navigation Controller")

And then compile ScpControl.dll using msbuild. Msbuild apparently comes with .NET. I searched under C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS for msbuild.exe. Take the one that reports it is version 4.0. Then start a command prompt and go to the ScpServer\Source\ScpControl directory. Then you compile using, in my case,
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_msbuild_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_4.0.9200.16384_none_262274efdc1b6d71\msbuild ScpControl.csproj
and the num ScpControl.dll will be in obj\Debug. Just overwrite the old one with it.

The upshot is that now the log file reports HCI_Accept_Connection_Request.
But it seems the controller returns an incorrect L2CAP_Configuration_Response, so it tries for a couple of loops to connect, but does not succeed. I'm going to fiddle a little bit more with this before I give up.
(10-10-2013, 05:51 PM)Huesoman Wrote: Yes, it supports built in bluetooth, but I recommend to use a dongle because once you install the DcpDriver then you can not use the bluetooth device for anything else than the ps3 controller. To pair your bluetooth follow the steps on page 1, then disconnect the usb cable from the pc and the ps3 controller, then press the PS button and the controller's red lights should blink until it find the connection, then one red light should stay on without blinking.

hmm...
i follow the step on the first page, but still cant connect the controller via BT..

what i do:
1 Plug in the controller via usb
2 Run ScpDriver install usb driver and BT
3 Then unplug the DS3

im using ASUS laptop btw..