XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hi,

I'm new here, so first of all a big thanks to Scarlet.Crush for that brilliant driver and for keeping it open source!

It turns out I also bought a fake PS3 controller without knowing. The thing looks absolutely genuie, until you open it and discover the blue battery pack without any warnings or labels on it.

I tried it with the current SCP driver:
Code:
"SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103.7z"
While it works fine over USB, the driver just does not recognize the gamepad over Bluetooth.

I checked the .log file after a connection attempt and saw this:
Code:
10/12/2013 00:56:02.253 -- Remote Name : 00:18:00:E9:D5:DB - PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller-ghic
10/12/2013 00:56:02.253 << HCI_Reject_Connection_Request [040A]
Turns out that whoever made the controller, managed to put a spelling mistakeExcl in the Bluetooth ID.

As a workaround, I modified the following line in BthDevice.cs:
Code:
if (Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" || Name == "Navigation Controller")
to
Code:
if (Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" || Name == "Navigation Controller" || Name.StartsWith("PLAYSTATION") )

I think it would be a very helpful feature to make the Bluetooth ID user-configurable in the SCP driver. Maybe with a small config file.

But that was not the whole story, the driver was still hanging at:
Code:
11/12/2013 01:34:36.935 << L2CAP_Connection_Request [02] PSM [01]
Seems like the fake controllers do not answer to Service Channel Requests
I found a post, showing how to disable the relevant check in the code and ..voila.. Bluetooth worked perfectly.

However, I'm not sure what these Service Channel Requests are used for. Maybe Scarlet does know more about that.

So, if anyone is still having trouble with non-genuie PS3 controllers, I have attached the modified and compiled ScpControl.dll file. Just replace the original one and reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Attached Files
.zip   ScpControl.zip (Size: 25,64 KB / Downloads: 808)

Sponsored links

Hello thanks a lot for this great software. I had been using motioninjoy prevously, but had some issues. I tried your software and it works way better. I had been able to use it and play correctly. At first also using bluetooth, but now it's not pairing anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling this many times but with no luck. I haven't got any clue. Here are my logs if it can be of any help. Also I notices that when i connect the device the led is slowly blinking, what does it mean?
Also sometimes the buttons just randomly stay pushed and have to wait a little or push something else to unlock them somehow. Not sure if this is supposed to happen

Thank you very much

Attached Files
.zip   ScpServer.zip (Size: 1,54 KB / Downloads: 285)
Hello Smile First of all, I had no problems installing this on my notebook, it works great there but the issues started when I wanted to make it work on my desktop.

I have tried several times to re-install drivers so I am now hoping that we can resolve this issue that probably is due to something I have done. First of all the problem seem to happen at the latest step, when I use the ScpDriver.exe program to install the last step drivers. The PS controller which until then has had a single red blinking light starts to blink with all 4, and for some reason doesn't want to be detected by my desktop.

Any ideas what could be the cause of this? Or how this can be solved?
Hello!
I've been using this driver to play with my DS3 plugged with a USB cable for a month now, and I've received my BT dongle recently. I decided to use it for this purpose, but I ran into a few problems:

There is several messages that indicates my controller and/or bluetooth dongle is/are not connecte

Quote:SUCCESS - Virtual Bus Created
INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\ScpServer\bin\System\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_amd64_neutral_21ca245c0e23d7a5\scpvbus.inf".
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
SUCCESS - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
INFO - Installation was successful.
SUCCESS - Install completed
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\ScpServer\bin\System\BthWinUsb.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\bthwinusb.inf_amd64_neutral_0dfca04f734aba33\BthWinUsb.inf".
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_3164" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\bthwinusb.inf_amd64_neutral_0dfca04f734aba33\BthWinUsb.inf".
INFO - Installation did not occur because the hardware isn't currently present.
INFO - Marked Phantom Device with Hardware/Compatible Id 'USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134' for reinstall on next plug-in.
INFO - Marked Phantom Device with Hardware/Compatible Id 'USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_3164' for reinstall on next plug-in.
INFO - Marked Phantom Device with Hardware/Compatible Id 'USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134' for reinstall on next plug-in.
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE000020B)
INFO - SCP DS3 Service Started.

This is the installation log. My question is mostylt about the "Marked Phantom Device" messages.
I've managed to "pair" the bluetooth dongle and the controller, and the monitor indicates "BTH 00000000 None" next to the controller. I can make the controller rumble, but no buttons work. Is there a fix I can do to make it work?

Thank you in advance.
(11-03-2013, 09:14 AM)Huesoman Wrote: Read this:

In conclusion, it is possible that your Bluetooth doesn't support EDR so it can't work properly, I recommend you to buy this Bluetooth:
Trendnet TBW-107UB (Version 1.0R)

vid_0a12&pid_0001&rev_1958

It is bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, first it didnt work for me but i knew it was edr because i used it with android and sixaxis app, turned out i had to put my laptop in flight mode even though i already disabled internal bluetooth but not wifi(using windows 8).
T_T ive read this and dont understand a word of it T_T stupid motion joy anyone able to simplify what to do i dont get this techy explanation

SCP Bluetooth Driver Installer 1.0.0.103 [12/12/2013 5:43:19 PM]

Detected - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536 x86)
Selected WIN7 configuration.

INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTx86]...
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_x86_neutral_21ca245c0e23d7a5\scpvbus.inf".
INFO - Will force install because driver is not better and force flag is set.
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System\Ds3WinUsb.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ds3winusb.inf_x86_neutral_15691982ca5c21ae\ds3winusb.inf".
INFO - Marked Phantom Device with Hardware/Compatible Id 'USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100' for reinstall on next plug-in.
INFO - Marked Phantom Device with Hardware/Compatible Id 'USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100' for reinstall on next plug-in.

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver

INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_x86_neutral_21ca245c0e23d7a5\scpvbus.inf".
INFO - No matching devices found in INF "C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System\BthWinUsb.inf" on the Machine.
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE000020B)
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System\Ds3WinUsb.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ds3winusb.inf_x86_neutral_15691982ca5c21ae\ds3winusb.inf".

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --
Bus Driver
DS3 USB Driver

it dosnt work for me
[Image: Untitled_zpsb6368067.png]
(12-12-2013, 09:23 AM)VMaxMuffin Wrote: I have a problem with using the drivers. Even after I disconnect, my PC thinks that it's still connected - if you go into game controllers, it still says "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" with an "OK" status.
I noticed this as well. The quickest way is to restart the service. Open your Services management console, right-click "SCP DS3 Service", and choose "restart". Alternately, from an elevated prompt (run as administrator), i believe you can use "sc stop ds3service & sc start ds3service".

(12-13-2013, 12:56 AM)winxbloomeath Wrote: T_T ive read this and dont understand a word of it T_T stupid motion joy anyone able to simplify what to do i dont get this techy explanation
In what way is it not working? When you plug in PS3 gamepad via USB, then open the "Game Controllers" window in Windows, what's there? If you open "Devices and Printers", is there a PLAYSTATION 3 device listed or a 360 one? Or were you trying to get the bluetooth to work?
Hello, I've been using XInput Wrapper on my desktop for a while now and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

However, when I tried using it on my laptop it can't install the bluetooth drivers... my device ID is USB\VID_18E8&PID_6252, and it works just fine in motioninjoy. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you!
How do you do a full clean uninstallation of scp drivers? Because i wanna reinstall xbox360 drivers, but in the step-guide u need to install xbox360 drivers before scp drivers, i guess that i need to reintall everything again?
My bluetooth device ID
USB\VID_05AC&PID_8213

It's a MBP's support it please Smile

(12-13-2013, 04:54 PM)Rorik Wrote: How do you do a full clean uninstallation of scp drivers? Because i wanna reinstall xbox360 drivers, but in the step-guide u need to install xbox360 drivers before scp drivers, i guess that i need to reintall everything again?

I installed Scp, then the Xbox 360 drivers with no problem at all