XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
I'm new here, so first of all thanks for the great project and its open source-ness Smile

I was able to install it and it works via USB. Unfortunately my bluetooth isn't supported (USB\VID_148F&PID_3000), but I'm software developer myself so I think I can add the support.

I already compiled the projects in VS2013, nevertheless I don't have experience in handling bluetooth devices so could you give me so clue where should I make changes to add new support?

Sponsored links

Hi, I've noticed that ScpService is constantly uploading something at 6kb/s. Why is it doing that?
Scarlet.Crush...

I am not getting the xbox 360 controller to show up in device manager. I believe that my controller is not supported..

USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100 and
USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV is what shows up when i choose to see the hardware id's. Hopefully supporting this controller will fix my problems.

EDIT: On a side note, I cannot get the ScpService to start, it says:
The SCP DS3 Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Hopefully this is also related to my controller not being supported.

I am only trying to use this with usb by the way, no bluetooth.

Thanks
(12-14-2013, 04:38 AM)sexymonkeys Wrote: Hi, I've noticed that ScpService is constantly uploading something at 6kb/s. Why is it doing that?
It isn't on mine. Where'd you get that information?
(12-13-2013, 02:14 AM)Corrodias Wrote: I noticed this as well. The quickest way is to restart the service. Open your Services management console, right-click "SCP DS3 Service", and choose "restart". Alternately, from an elevated prompt (run as administrator), i believe you can use "sc stop ds3service & sc start ds3service".

Thanks for that, I've now just got a simple batch file on my desktop to do the trick Smile

In case anyone else is interested, just paste this into a batch file:

Code:
SC stop Ds3service
SC start Ds3service
exit
(12-09-2013, 01:43 AM)Corrodias Wrote: You can try the information in this thread to get the 360 gamepad driver installed.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...6546092511
This is not working.
''The specified location does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the location contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with the Windows x64 Edition operating system.''
I do have x64, not x32. Yes, I downloaded the Windows 7 64 bit version. Help.
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
So you don't need to reinstall scp drivers if you want to reinstall xbox drivers ?
Been absolutely loving this controller & driver for the past couple weeks!!
I have 2 issues that aren't too serious:

1: The gamepad turns off too fast, after like just a minute or 2 of idle time, is there a way I can make it stay on for maybe 5 minutes before auto-turning off?

2: The R2/L2 triggers can't be used in many emulators because they don't show up as buttons, maybe theres a way to re-define the R2/L2 as buttons instead of Z axes?

Even with these issues - if they can't be solved - this is still the best wireless gamepad/driver combo I've ever used on a PC, so mega-thanks to everyone involved (especially Scarlet Crush) Smile

best regards,
- dink
Just wanted to come back here to say that with the modified ScpControl.dll from yetifrisstlama2 and with the hint from Saturn2888 about restarting the server I now managed to get my fake Conteroller to work over bluetooth and to reconnect reliably as controller one.

Many thanks to all of you (especially Scarlet.Crush of course).
(12-14-2013, 03:45 PM)Toby Wrote: This is not working.
''The specified location does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the location contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with the Windows x64 Edition operating system.''
I do have x64, not x32. Yes, I downloaded the Windows 7 64 bit version. Help.
Please help, someone..
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti