XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@dink: I can't see anything in the log that indicates a problem ...

So looks like it's nothing that has changed in the ScpService.exe code that is causing your issue. ScpControl.dll contains the BTH stack, it's looking like one or more of the configuration calls to the dongle to support SSP Authentication and Encryption is causing your dongle to throw a wobbler.

I think the best way to procede is for me to build a bunch of ScpControl dlls with each of the new messages added in turn so we can find which one causes the issue. If your willing to test them out it will take a day or so to get them ready, let me know.

@blah0r: Battery Status / Flashing on low Battery are next on the list, after getting any problems with BTH Dongles sorted out.

Lightbar colour/brightness is something I'm considering.

Sponsored links

Hi there!

I have tried the latest version of the driver, 1.1.0.136, and am hitting an issue for any game that tries to perform a rumble/vibration.

System:
Windows 8x64
PS3 - Dual Shock 3 -- plugged into USB 2.0 port with cable.
No bluetooth

Reproduction:
* I successfully installed the drivers
* Start a game (say Asassin's Creed IV)
* Controls work fine
* Something in game triggers vibration
* Controller completely stops responding
* Cannot regain use of gamepad

Workaround:/
* Restart the SCP Driver Service will get the controller working again
* Turn off vibration in game to prevent from happening again

Is vibration a non-supported feature for this driver, or is there something I can do to get it working?

Thank you very much for any help!
(12-19-2013, 01:26 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @znation: so looks like the mask change fixed the startup in ScpService. The Ds4Pair tool also uses ScpControl.dll, so if it is in a different folder from ScpService you will also have to copy ScpControl.dll to that folder.

@dink: can you run the Service from 1.1.0.136 and manually change the priority from Real Time to Normal from Task Manager before connecting any DS3/DS4s and see how it runs.

@dielectric: Both Zadig & ScpDriver install WinUSB drivers onto the dongle, so if Zadig fails ScpDriver would also fail. It sounds like your dongle is not compatible with WinUSB, sorry.

@HyeVltg3: good to hear you got it working. It is looking like the 0A12's have issues with the HCI_Set_Event_Mask call, which can hopefully be fixed.

it's doesn't work while bluetooth pairing

Log attached

Attached Files
.zip   Ds4Pair.zip (Size: 1,06 KB / Downloads: 224)
@Scarlet.Crush: I would like to help in any way possible to get this solved, thanks!

best regards,
- dink
@kaidon: the USB Hub/Port which your DS3 is connected to can't supply enough power while the DS3 is rumbling. Connect your DS3 to a different USB Port. If your using an external USB Hub make sure it is self-powered and it's power source is turned on.

@znation: ok, from the log we are getting closer. I've attached an updated ScpControl.dll, can you try it out.

edit: oops dll attached now

@dink: cool, I'll get dlls to you as soon as possible.

Attached Files
.7z   ScpControl.7z (Size: 26,62 KB / Downloads: 240)
(12-19-2013, 11:10 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @kaidon: the USB Hub/Port which your DS3 is connected to can't supply enough power while the DS3 is rumbling. Connect your DS3 to a different USB Port. If your using an external USB Hub make sure it is self-powered and it's power source is turned on.
Thanks Scarlet,

I tried another USB 3.0 port, but had no luck. I will try again with a different port tonight.

The same port I am using now supported rumble when using MotionJoy (though I had to do a system restore for the issues installing that app caused!) so I am not sure if it is a power issue.
@kaidon: hmm, all the driver does for rumble is send the controller a message over USB with the Left/Right motor values. It sounds like for some reason it is resetting itself without disconnecting/reconnecting from USB. Do you hear a bing/bong sound from Windows when it happens?

Usually when the controller connects to USB Windows sends the driver a notification event, this event triggers the driver to send a Start command over USB to the controller. Without this Start command the controller will not send any reports for Button presses or Stick movements.

Can you zip up and post your ScpService.log after the problem occurs.

You don't need to restart the service or reboot to get the DS3 recognised again, just disconnect it from USB and then reconnect it.

It's also worth trying a pinhole reset of the controller when it is disconnected from USB.
(12-20-2013, 01:00 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @kaidon: Do you hear a bing/bong sound from Windows when it happens?
No, I don't. The controller simply becomes unresponsive immediately after a rumble signal is sent to it. I will reproduce and see if I can hear it again.

(12-20-2013, 01:00 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Can you zip up and post your ScpService.log after the problem occurs.
Sure. Is there any flag I should set to increase verbosity of logging?

(12-20-2013, 01:00 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: You don't need to restart the service or reboot to get the DS3 recognised again, just disconnect it from USB and then reconnect it.
This makes sense. Although, every time I unplug my ps3 controller from my computer while powered on, it turns on my ps3 in the other room and attempts to connect to it. Restarting the service is faster than turning the console off.

(12-20-2013, 01:00 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: It's also worth trying a pinhole reset of the controller when it is disconnected from USB.
Ok, if it comes down to it I'll give that shot.

Thanks a lot for your help!
@kaidon: no flags required. If you can run ScpMonitor before starting your game and if possible run the game windowed. ScpMonitor displays a packet counter for reports received from the controller, it should be constantly incrementing.

After the controller stops responding - right-click on the icon in the task bar, select Configuration, check Disable LED, click OK.
Repeat and uncheck Disable LED. Let me know if the LED switches Off and On.

You can also disable Rumble from this rather than in-game
AAHHH an update featuring rumble latency over BT. Thank you! That's what I needed and now it's in official SCP Biggrin (upgrading from special SCP)