XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
I have not had to do anything special when I installed it. I installed the driver along with the service and after that everything worked automagically.

Sponsored links

Feature Request: Is it possible to map the DPAD to the left stick, and map the left stick to the DPAD? This would help a lot for older arcade/platformer games.
Is there any way to turn the ps2 home button into a regular mappable button instead of a home button with this method?
(06-04-2014, 03:49 AM)shinji257 Wrote: I have not had to do anything special when I installed it. I installed the driver along with the service and after that everything worked automagically.
Maybe it's because I unchecked the Bluetooth check-box, since I don't have a dongle and figured it wouldn't be necessary in that case? Or maybe there's some other step I missed.

It works fine and treats the DS3 as an X360 controller so long as SCPServer.exe is running, but otherwise it doesn't look like any services run on startup or anything. Maybe I messed up during installation or something.
(06-04-2014, 06:43 AM)shockdude Wrote: Feature Request: Is it possible to map the DPAD to the left stick, and map the left stick to the DPAD? This would help a lot for older arcade/platformer games.
Yeah, press the corresponding DPAD button and then use the stick.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
Minor issue, sometimes my DS3 unpairs or won't pair.

Example
Day 1, plug in controller and BT dongle, take out cord, DS3 pairs and plays wirelessly
Day 2a, no pairing required, DS3 works perfectly wireless
Day 2b, when I press the middle button, the DS3 tries to connect and flashes all the lights but never connects, the BT dongle is in, have to plug in controller to pair, the majority of times it doesn't even work so I either have to restart my computer or mess around a lot with the BT dongle and cord, change ports, etc for it to work.

It's like a gamble every time I turn on my computer to have my DS3 just work. Anyone know what's up?
(06-04-2014, 03:53 PM)MenDude Wrote: Yeah, press the corresponding DPAD button and then use the stick.

Can you describe how to do it? All I could do in the Profile Manager was map the DPAD pressure sensors to entire left stick axes, instead of mapping DPAD directions to left stick axis directions.

Edit: To make it more clear, I'd like to map the left stick to the DPAD for all PC games, not just PCSX2
(06-05-2014, 09:42 AM)shockdude Wrote: Edit: To make it more clear, I'd like to map the left stick to the DPAD for all PC games, not just PCSX2
OHHH, I thought you meant PCSX2 only. I'm sorry but I'm to no help for that. Sad
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
I did exactly like it said but i still got this message when installing "No matching devices found in INF "C:\Program Files (x86)\user\bin\System\Ds3WinUsb.inf" on the Machine" . My controller is an Ea Game Ps3 wired and i got window 7 64 bit
(06-05-2014, 09:42 AM)shockdude Wrote: Can you describe how to do it? All I could do in the Profile Manager was map the DPAD pressure sensors to entire left stick axes, instead of mapping DPAD directions to left stick axis directions.

Edit: To make it more clear, I'd like to map the left stick to the DPAD for all PC games, not just PCSX2

I use JoytoKey for this. I set Joy2Key to have up=7 down=6 left=9 right=8 for both the d-pad and thumbstick, then in my emulators I just map up to the numbers above. It works really well, and Joy2Key up to version 3.79 is free @ http://www.idiombox.com/oneswitch/JoyToKey_(v3_79).zip and a little tutorial is at: http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/JoyToKey/JoyToKey.htm

Another nice thing about Joy2Key is when an emulator or game only uses the keyboard for things like the pause key or save/loading states, I like to map the pause key to [start> and "fast forward" to [select] and save/load states to the R1 / L1 buttons, but you can, of course, use whatever buttons you wish Smile

best regards,
- dink