XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(04-15-2015, 10:51 PM)Pyrocitor Wrote: Hi guys. Been using the SCP tools for a while now very well, played various games and emulators with the controller, and want to thank the creator(s) for their work. I never set up the bluetooth section, as I just play with the cable.

However I stopped using it for a while (was playing other games that don't need gamepads) and now it has stopped working. I have tried completely uninstalling the drivers from ScpDriver.exe and deleted everything, before redownloading the package and using the instructions on this page, but still nothing.

I plug in the controller, and I get the windows device connected sound, the 4 lights at the top turn on, and that's it. the SCP monitor shows 4 "disconnected", the controller doesnt work for anything. I unplug the controller and press the PS button, and it works straight away on the PS3 again. Xbox 360 controllers still work with my PC.

Any ideas to help fix it? I'm on windows 7 (64) with an AMD FX8320 if it helps.

Have you checked in task manager if ScpService is running? If not, you can start it with: net Start "SCP DS3 Service"

Sponsored links

(04-15-2015, 11:23 PM)lzalru Wrote: Have you checked in task manager if ScpService is running? If not, you can start it with: net Start "SCP DS3 Service"

Confirmed that it is running. I stopped and started it again just to check, controller still not working.
Hi

I've been using XInput Wrapper for 1 year or so now and it's really amazing but I'm having a problem trying to use a Bluetooth dongle.

I've been using a USB cable to connect my DS3 until now but I just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle from Amazon (http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00CM83SC0/ref=p...1_TE_dp_i1) so that I can use my DS3 wirelessly (makes it easier to switch between KBM and the controller).

The DS3 worked perfectly fine with the cable so I just plugged the dongle in and installed the drivers provided, plugged the DS3 via USB cable, ran ScpDriver.exe from where i originally ran it a few months ago, clicked "Uninstall" then clicked "Install" with the "Bluetooth Driver" option checked.

I figured it would work this way since all the other drivers where installed correctly the first time (or just before for the dongle) and I was just going to reinstall the XInput/SCP drivers, this time with the Bluetooth dongle. But for some reason it didn't seem to work.

Now I'm not exactly sure why it didn't work so this is why I'm asking here.
Maybe it's not supposed to work the way I did it, maybe I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch but I'm not even sure how to do that.
Or maybe my Bluetooth dongle isn't supported, its hardware ID is USB\VID_0B05&PID_17CB or USB\VID_0B05&PID_17CB&REV_0112.

Anyway, I hope someone will be able to help (if not it's not that big a deal, I'll just keep using my DS3 with a cable).

Thanks in advance.
I didn't see post #1851 I'll try that and see if it works since apparently my dongle isn't on the list.

By the way I'm using v 1.2.0.160 but this shouldn't be a problem, right ?
I used Zadig and it did work !

Thanks a lot for this amazing software ! It just works so well.
(04-16-2015, 04:21 PM)inanimate Wrote: Hi

I've been using XInput Wrapper for 1 year or so now and it's really amazing but I'm having a problem trying to use a Bluetooth dongle.

I've been using a USB cable to connect my DS3 until now but I just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle from Amazon (http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00CM83SC0/ref=p...1_TE_dp_i1) so that I can use my DS3 wirelessly (makes it easier to switch between KBM and the controller).

The DS3 worked perfectly fine with the cable so I just plugged the dongle in and installed the drivers provided, plugged the DS3 via USB cable, ran ScpDriver.exe from where i originally ran it a few months ago, clicked "Uninstall" then clicked "Install" with the "Bluetooth Driver" option checked.

I figured it would work this way since all the other drivers where installed correctly the first time (or just before for the dongle) and I was just going to reinstall the XInput/SCP drivers, this time with the Bluetooth dongle. But for some reason it didn't seem to work.

Now I'm not exactly sure why it didn't work so this is why I'm asking here.
Maybe it's not supposed to work the way I did it, maybe I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch but I'm not even sure how to do that.
Or maybe my Bluetooth dongle isn't supported, its hardware ID is USB\VID_0B05&PID_17CB or USB\VID_0B05&PID_17CB&REV_0112.

Anyway, I hope someone will be able to help (if not it's not that big a deal, I'll just keep using my DS3 with a cable).

Thanks in advance.

Save yourself the trouble and send that back and purchase this. No need for workarounds or makeshift fixes to get bluetooth working properly w/ your DS3 controller. Personally use it myself, best decision I made since PC gaming.
Is there a recommended Bluetooth dongle that works the best for this? I'd rather buy another than to mess with this BT-211
(04-17-2015, 04:05 PM)olverine Wrote: Is there a recommended Bluetooth dongle that works the best for this? I'd rather buy another than to mess with this BT-211

Just buy a high-quality one. Not a cheap chinese piece of sh*t.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-17-2015, 07:29 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Just buy a high-quality one. Not a cheap chinese piece of sh*t.

Well I bought the ASUS BT-211, its not cheap but the only thing preventing it from working is some sort of update in Windows 8.1 that decides the dongle is no longer supported. It's pretty lame, cuz it is in fact fully supported so long as this specific update isn't installed, it's Microsoft that breaks the support for it
any words on generic dualshock's 3 on bt ?
mine's just work by usb