XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(08-07-2015, 03:18 AM)Mazza Wrote: Hey Nefarius,

So glad that someone is taking over this awesome project that Scarlet.Crush made for everyone years ago!
Been using this tool for the past 18 months or so now.
Was hoping to donate a small amount to the original author but can't seem to find any sort of PayPal link for this!

I'd be happy to donate to you, Nefarius! Should create a signature that you're carrying on with this project as well as a small PayPal link for donations!

I've got one small request, would it be possible to run more than 4 controllers at the same time (with BT support using 2 BT dongles)?

Thanks, I'll plan to update my signature and maybe set up a method for donations once I'm confident I know the code base well enough to fully adopt it. Give me time Biggrin

Sadly the 4-controller-limit comes from Microsoft's Xinput Lib itself, I have to do more research on this but what I'm aware about at this moment is that it's not possible. I'll put it on the To-Do list though.

(08-08-2015, 02:54 AM)The Edward Wrote: This is awesome, I'm using my DS3. I read a good deal of this thread but I think I may have missed something that was probably obvious. I got everything going with the latest version and the input is responding. How do I get it to work on games or do some button mapping? I've tried a couple games but the game is not picking up my controllers input. Sorry if I didn't give enough info. Just to say again, everything is working fine but the games aren't picking up controller input. Thanks!

What games exactly? Do they have support for Microsoft  Xbox 360 controllers?

(08-07-2015, 09:52 AM)CRACING Wrote: Hello Nefarius,

First of all, I would like to thank you for resurrection this project. It was much needed.

And also in regards to above quote, its good that you have made an INI for MAC settings which makes easy for end-users to config rather then dig in source files.

Now the most needed fix is for PANHAI controllers that doesn't connect via bt. I have tried to modify scp controller dll but couldn't get it working nor I'm a expert developer like you. I don't have PANHAI controller but PANHAI controller users will really appreciate you if you can get it working.  Smile

Thanks again...
Best Regards

Yes, I'd like to get those PANHAIs working, but I need "test subjects" for this Evil

Sponsored links

Seriously, can anyone help me get my DS2 controller working? I'd like to not rely on X360CE. I've got it hooked up to a USB adapter with two controller ports on it made by Trenro.
(08-08-2015, 08:14 AM)haximusprime Wrote: I have obtained the latest "ScpServer_v1.3.5689.40377", In this version it seems that the logs are different (xml files) It has a lot of information i'd rather not share in a public place such as this forum. I've pmed you a link to the pastebin.

I've found the problem (at least the origin of the error); your DS4 is detected as DS3, thus the wrong commands are applied to it and the communication channel crashes.

Now I need your help for further investigation, please follow these steps:
  • Connect your DS4 via USB
  • Download and install the LibUsbDotNet setup, don't worry it's free and you can ditch it afterwards
  • Just follow the defaults and skip anything requesting for configuration
  • Navigate to the installation folder where you should find the file Test_Info.exe
    [Image: 08-08-_2015_12-59-19.png]
  • You should get a small utility where you can select your DS4 in the drop-down list like so:
    [Image: 08-08-_2015_12-59-59.png]

• Use the menu item File / Copy to copy all of the device info to your clipboard
    [Image: 08-08-_2015_13-00-07.png]

• Paste the content to Pastebin or a similar service and provide me the link
I'll look into it as soon as possible Tongue
(08-06-2015, 03:18 AM)JohnLoyd1 Wrote: The Service is there, just the dependency for it (The Spc Virtual Bus) isnt there so it wont start anymore. Although, Im not using your build, so ill see if i can uninstall the old build and install yours. Im still using 1.2.x. Hopefully installing a new build will allow the virtual bus to be installed properly because even when i uninstall and install the current build the dependency does not return.

EDIT: I installed the most recent build 1.3.x and the service still would not start. Also tried installing the service via elevated command prompt and that did not work either. I posted my install log of 1.3.x also.
Still no luck!
Trying to build project in Visual Studio Community 2013 and I get the following errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: ScpControl, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'Properties\Settings.Designer.cs' could not be found
2>------ Build started: Project: ScpServer, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
2>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\quadstick\Documents\GitHub\bin\ScpControl.dll' could not be found
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and:

1>------ Build started: Project: SCPUser, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  SCPUser.cpp
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(19): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(20): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(21): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(45): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(45): error C2660: 'memset' : function does not take 2 arguments
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(46): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(46): error C2660: 'memset' : function does not take 2 arguments
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(48): error C3861: 'XInputEnable': identifier not found
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(56): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(64): error C3861: 'XInputEnable': identifier not found
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(77): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(114): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(228): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier

I had similar results trying to build the prior scarlet crush project. 

Are there build instructions somewhere that I missed that would prevent these errors?

I would like to see if I can add the QuadStick to the list of supported controllers since its USB report is based on the AfterGlow report and it looks like "ConvertAfterglowToValidBytes" would work for it.
(08-08-2015, 01:09 PM)Nefarius Wrote: I've found the problem (at least the origin of the error); your DS4 is detected as DS3, thus the wrong commands are applied to it and the communication channel crashes.

Now I need your help for further investigation, please follow these steps:
  • Connect your DS4 via USB
  • Download and install the LibUsbDotNet setup, don't worry it's free and you can ditch it afterwards
  • Just follow the defaults and skip anything requesting for configuration
  • Navigate to the installation folder where you should find the file Test_Info.exe
  • Paste the content to Pastebin or a similar service and provide me the link
I'll look into it as soon as possible Tongue

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Here is the diag. info you requested : http://pastebin.com/XnuaD8DA
(08-08-2015, 06:56 PM)QuadStick Wrote: Trying to build project in Visual Studio Community 2013 and I get the following errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: ScpControl, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'Properties\Settings.Designer.cs' could not be found
2>------ Build started: Project: ScpServer, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
2>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\quadstick\Documents\GitHub\bin\ScpControl.dll' could not be found
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and:

1>------ Build started: Project: SCPUser, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  SCPUser.cpp
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(19): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(20): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(21): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(45): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(45): error C2660: 'memset' : function does not take 2 arguments
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(46): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(46): error C2660: 'memset' : function does not take 2 arguments
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(48): error C3861: 'XInputEnable': identifier not found
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(56): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(64): error C3861: 'XInputEnable': identifier not found
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(77): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(114): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\quadstick\documents\github\scpserver\scpuser\SCPPad.h(228): error C2065: 'XUSER_MAX_COUNT' : undeclared identifier

I had similar results trying to build the prior scarlet crush project.  

Are there build instructions somewhere that I missed that would prevent these errors?

I would like to see if I can add the QuadStick to the list of supported controllers since its USB report is based on the AfterGlow report and it looks like "ConvertAfterglowToValidBytes" would work for it.

Oooops, my bad! I added the missing files to the Repository, please pull the latest changes.

To build ScpUser you also need an environment variable WindowsSDK which points to the installation folder of the Windows SDK like so:

[Image: 08-08-_2015_21-54-59.png]
(08-06-2015, 02:13 AM)drakels Wrote: @Nefarius

bluetooh dont work.

You're running both service and server at the same time; please either shutdown the service or provide the ScpDsxService.log.xml
You know I did not think about that at all haha. I honestly was just thinking of being able to set up the button mapping using keyboard keys and the mouse for any game. As for the games, I tried it with Half-Life and Minecraft. I'm going to assume they don't support Xbox controls seeing how it didn't work.
(08-08-2015, 07:21 PM)haximusprime Wrote: Thank you for your prompt reply!

Here is the diag. info you requested : http://pastebin.com/XnuaD8DA

Duh, sorry, false alert, the DS4 is recognized correctly and the two error messages don't seem to have an impact on the connection. I managed to borrow a genuine DS4 from a friend earlier this day and tested it via Bluetooth in my fresh Windows 10 installation; works perfectly:

[Image: 08-08-_2015_23-34-30.png]

In the meantime I uploaded a new release regarding Windows 10 compatibility, maybe it helps in your case.