Xbox One controller won't stay connected
I'm using PCSX2 v 1.4.0
My controller won't stay connected. While playing the controller disconnects and Windows 10 tells me it can't recognize the device. 

Any solutions?

Sponsored links

Are you running it hard-wired or wirelessly?

Also, you should upgrade to the latest dev build here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2
The controller is being run hard-wired. I just upgraded the new version is nice. Runs games much better.

The controller is detected, but while playing it stops working for several seconds and then starts working again. The xbox logo light flickers on and off before turning on solid again.

DO you think it's a driver probable? I'm playing on a new laptop.
Xbox One controllers should be PnP with Windows, no drivers needed. If the dash button is going in and out, that almost certainly sounds like the physical connection is going in and out. Try using another micro USB cable and see if that works any better.
Honestly I would recommend that if your laptop has bluetooth built in (odds are it does) to connect via bluetooth and use the usb cable for power. Windows 10 is remarkably decent at doing a wireless to wired handoff if bluetooth has an issue and then reconnecting without telling you or even noticing (usually). So basically for a little extra setup you get a redundant system.
I have the Xbox one stick and I can't get the controller or the wireless dongle working correctly on USB 3.1 ports.

Try another USB port.
(03-14-2018, 06:59 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Honestly I would recommend that if your laptop has bluetooth built in (odds are it does) to connect via bluetooth and use the usb cable for power.  Windows 10 is remarkably decent at doing a wireless to wired handoff if bluetooth has an issue and then reconnecting without telling you or even noticing (usually).  So basically for a little extra setup you get a redundant system.

That only works if you have a new One S Controller as it has bluetooth built in otherwise if you have an older controller you are going to REQUIRE the Microsoft Adaptere.
(03-16-2018, 05:24 PM)Topken Wrote: That only works if you have a new One S Controller as it has bluetooth built in otherwise if you have an older controller you are going to REQUIRE the Microsoft Adaptere.

Or just get a micro USB cable and plug it in to your PC.