Xbox Series X/S now backward compatible with the PS2, ish.
(12-01-2020, 02:40 AM)markn96 Wrote: will the games run in 1080p and can i run every game? if not pass. would be sweet though as is till can’t find a decent computer for emulation.

who knows ?
that's actually none of our business. better ask the libretro forums
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(12-01-2020, 06:10 AM)markn96 Wrote: who me? yeah but the guy didn’t mention anything about it. from the picture though it looks HD.

Check out the video Modern Vintage Gamer did about it. There are some issues but for a first release it's doing really well, running God of War at full speed.

I think the PCSX2 core on RetroArch only has limited config options at the moment but the guys are working on it, everyone thought PS2 emulation on the system was months away and these guys managed to get it up and running very quickly with great results.

The Series S and X have very similar CPU's but the X has more GPU horsepower so will probably be able to handle higher resolution. The limiting factor is the CPU as always. 

I'm definitely keeping my eye on it as I'd actually consider buying one just to have a nice emulation box hooked up to my TV.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(12-01-2020, 07:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote: who knows ?
that's actually none of our business. better ask the libretro forums

just forgot that it wasn’t PCSX behind it, let’s better not reveal the other
devs secrets.
(12-01-2020, 09:31 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: Check out the video Modern Vintage Gamer did about it. There are some issues but for a first release it's doing really well, running God of War at full speed.

I think the PCSX2 core on RetroArch only has limited config options at the moment but the guys are working on it, everyone thought PS2 emulation on the system was months away and these guys managed to get it up and running very quickly with great results.

The Series S and X have very similar CPU's but the X has more GPU horsepower so will probably be able to handle higher resolution. The limiting factor is the CPU as always. 

I'm definitely keeping my eye on it as I'd actually consider buying one just to have a nice emulation box hooked up to my TV.

So I'm currently testing PCSX2 on my XBox Sereis X and I must say the performance is more than good.
The only problem is that because of the missing GUI for PCSX2 you have to define all settings in the corresponding *.ini files, but for me this is no problem.
But again for information the core is still in alpha status, but I think that will change soon.
In addition, the availability of the console itself is also a big problem because we have to be patient.
MB: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 - Intel® X79 Express Chipset
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60 GHz / TBF2.0 @ 4.00 GHz
RAM: 4x 8192 - 32 GB Corsair Vengeance® Pro Series DDR3-2133 PC3-17066 CL11
GFX: Gigabyte® Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX TITAN X - 12 GB GDDR5 (GV-NTITANXXTREME-12GD-B)
OS - MS - Windows 10 - Professional
MS - XBox Series X - With Activated Developers Mode

(01-22-2021, 10:57 AM)Cole Wrote: So I'm currently testing PCSX2 on my XBox Sereis X and I must say the performance is more than good.
The only problem is that because of the missing GUI for PCSX2 you have to define all settings in the corresponding *.ini files, but for me this is no problem.
But again for information the core is still in alpha status, but I think that will change soon.
In addition, the availability of the console itself is also a big problem because we have to be patient.

I actually managed to get a Series X mid December. Really enjoying it, especially the emulation. I haven't done much on the PS2 front but I'm playing the hell out of my PS1 games. Still find it funny that the Xbox can run PS1 and PS2 games while Sony isn't adding it on the PS5 xD
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(01-23-2021, 02:43 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: I actually managed to get a Series X mid December. Really enjoying it, especially the emulation. I haven't done much on the PS2 front but I'm playing the hell out of my PS1 games. Still find it funny that the Xbox can run PS1 and PS2 games while Sony isn't adding it on the PS5 xD

Yes, I also play a lot of PS1 and Dreamcast games on the XBox Series X.
Also a good move from MS that Developer Mode can be used on the console. Biggrin
MB: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 - Intel® X79 Express Chipset
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60 GHz / TBF2.0 @ 4.00 GHz
RAM: 4x 8192 - 32 GB Corsair Vengeance® Pro Series DDR3-2133 PC3-17066 CL11
GFX: Gigabyte® Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX TITAN X - 12 GB GDDR5 (GV-NTITANXXTREME-12GD-B)
OS - MS - Windows 10 - Professional
MS - XBox Series X - With Activated Developers Mode