Xbox controller - no input in-game
Hey. I mapped a wireless xbox controller for windows and its not working in-game. I'm using the PCSX2 1.16.0 build and LilyPad 0.12.1. When I go to Device Diagnostics in the LilyPad plugin settings it shows every button I mapped working properly. However, in-game the buttons do nothing.

So far I've tried restarting the computer, disabling XInput in LilyPad settings, launching PCSX2 as administrator, and using the controller wired. Still shows input values in LilyPad's device diagnostics but nothing works in-game. Any advice on how to fix it is appreciated.

Sponsored links

did you disable dinput ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-02-2022, 06:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: did you disable dinput ?

Yeah I just tried disabling dinput and enabling xinput instead. Re-mapped all of the bindings then restarted pcsx2. Still nothing in-game. The controller doesn't show up in device diagnostics unless I have dinput enabled though so I was not able to confirm controller input after redoing the bindings.
Quote:The controller doesn't show up in device diagnostics unless I have dinput enabled though so I was not able to confirm controller input after redoing the bindings.
sounds like a driver issue or defective controller
(09-02-2022, 07:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: sounds like a driver issue or defective controller

I've been playing around with it more this morning. I use this controller for playing some modern games on pc so I know it works. Updated the drivers. With dinput disabled and xinput enabled it shows up as XInput Pad 0 in device diagnostics now. It's starting to look like the problem is game specific. When I originally posted I had tried Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, and Dot Hack Part 1 - Infection and didn't have any input on those 3 games. I grabbed a ROM for Need for Speed Most Wanted and its working fine in that game.
Quote:The controller doesn't show up in device diagnostics unless I have dinput enabled
this definitely doesn't sound like your windows is sane. it shouldn't disappear from device diagnostics in windows
(09-02-2022, 06:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: this definitely doesn't sound like your windows is sane. it shouldn't disappear from device diagnostics in windows

Sorry should've clarified. Device diagnostics in LilyPad settings. But its showing up now with Xinput enabled only as XInput Pad 0.