Xbox one controller, it detects dpad and analogue as the same input
Hi all

I bought an Xbox one controller, with an 8bitdo wireless adapto , and it seems to work fine. Not found a game in retroarch that has different functions for the dpad and analogue stick yet though. Both left dpad and analogue appear to serve the same function.

In pcxs2, the only way I can get the controller to work is through direct input (see pics) but when I map dpad, without issue, then onto analogue stick, it overrides the dpad mapping I've done (see pic). It's like pcsx2 is only letting me use a non analogue controller.

Do you experienced people have any suggestions?

Plus on a side note, xbox one lacks an equivalent select button. How do you get around this ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

If it's a XInput(xbox)controller,why isn't the XInput option enabled
Disable DInput and enable XInput and set the buttons
(01-13-2020, 10:25 PM)vsub Wrote: If it's a XInput(xbox)controller,why isn't the XInput option enabled

I've gone to xinput, then to pad1 but nothing seems to register when I click a button to allocate it. Plus on the "test device" nothing shows just question marks. Any suggestions?

(01-13-2020, 10:25 PM)vsub Wrote: If it's a XInput(xbox)controller,why isn't the XInput option enabled
Plus , not sure if it means anything, on Redream button config it seems to think the joystick up is also the same as dpad up etc
(01-13-2020, 10:55 PM)Mike2020pcxs2 Wrote: I've gone to xinput, then to pad1 but nothing seems to register when I click a button to allocate it. Plus on the "test device" nothing shows just question marks. Any suggestions?

Plus , not sure if it means anything, on Redream button config it seems to think the joystick up is also the same as dpad up etc
As a small side note, I bought the grey 8bitdo usb receiver that is for ps1 classic. But the ad says its compatible with all controllers , but oddly in retroarch it says ps1 classic controller connected whether its the xbox one or 8bitdo controller

I'm going to send it back to amazon and order the non ps1 classic version . Even though it should be free to work with all modern controllers, it is not working in anyway as intended