XenoSaga from Disc
I have been attempting to run this game from the official disc. I wanted to play on an emulator rather than my actual PS2 console because I want to have the save files on my computer forever :3

Either way, I believe I am doing this properly, by selecting "Plugin" option and then selecting the drive in which it is on... but when the thing loads passed the playstation logo... it freezes right there.

I am using

Windows XP Professional
Version 0.9.7.3876m

This is from my CP ;o

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_204.69;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.0
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
(IsoFS) Block 0x10: Primary partition info.
Initializing Elf: 3441932 bytes
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_204.69;1) CRC=0x6D1276AB, EntryPoint=0x00200008
DecSet Write: 53
DecSet Write: 00

Sponsored links

I suggest you make an ISO of your game using ImgBurn and run it with the internal ISO loader on PCSX2 instead of running it from the disc. See if you still get the same problem after that, if other games work for you it's also possible your PC has problems reading dual-layer games.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-06-2011, 08:26 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: I suggest you make an ISO of your game using ImgBurn and run it with the internal ISO loader on PCSX2 instead of running it from the disc. See if you still get the same problem after that, if other games work for you it's also possible your PC has problems reading dual-layer games.

I could try that but I also have space limitations at the moment ;P and XenoSaga EP2 does work although EP1 does not. Ep2 is laggy but I'm sure that is because I am multi tasking over 3 screens like no tomorrow at the moment lol

Anyway I'll see what happens with an iso image of it.