Xenosaga
Mild necro, but I was able to play Xenosaga I to III back in 2010 with an AMD Athlon II X2 @3,5GHz and a Geforce 8800GT. Admittedly though, Xenosaga 1 was really slow at times. 2 and 3 ran pretty much perfectly, performance-wise. It should be a lot better nowadays.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU

Sponsored links

WEll EP 1 still runs like crap considering how how poorly coded the game is not the emulator... You need power to play it. Ep 2 and 3 are coded better so it doesn't take much to get them going. EP 1 loves drawing things off screen instead of getting rid of them when they are not on screen. SO basically you are processing a 4k image when you can only see that little sliver of it..
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

The cutscenes run at 60 fps...the problem is when you start the real game XD
It's like " Mooooooorrrrnnnniiiiiinnnnng Kooooooooooooosss Mooooooooooooosssss, Hoooooooow Doooooo yoouu Feeeeelll?" XD
That firs Hello Kos Mos scene for some reason always ran kind of slow for me as well. I always thought my rip was crap but after several rips it always did it. Just get passed that part and see how it goes. Mech battles will usually run slow. Unless you are using a pretty beast system. If you can't handle the slowdowns just play it on your PS2 you got your BIOS from Wink
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

That scene has serious draw call overhead. Try DX10 instead of DX9 or vice versa. Also try software rendering for scenes like these.