Xenosaga 1-3 questions
Alright, so I plan on doing an LP (Let's Play, in case you don't know what that is), and I want to play all 3 of the Xenosaga games.

What are some of the issues and problems with all three games that seem to be common amongst most people? I know that Xenosaga 1 seems to have some sort of saving issue, but only at the beginning of the game. Any idea how far into the game you have to be before it fixes itself?

Also, I'm pretty sure my system can run it, but I wanna double check with people to make sure.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
GPU: SAPPHIRE 100355-1GOCL Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored links

Should have no problem running the games at x3 maybe x4 on hardware mode with that system as for bugs I can not say as I have not played the games on PCSX2 yet
1st episode has saving issues (Tutorial with Kos-Mos)
First episode has saving issues at random points. First works, Second and third does not. Fourth works. Save in the ELSA does not work at all. Saves after that seem to be fine, just use a save state before, just in case. Save states are fine.

You can run the first one at 3x easy. I have a 3570k @ 4.2ghz and my HD4890 @ 1080p (two monitors) got overtaxed way before the cpu. Mech battles tank the fps (high poly counts, some reflective qualities so possibly because of lighting). Characters have hair texture bugs on some characters that are probably related to transparencies, but only come up on upscaled res I think. can't be fixed through options)

The second game runs a bit better, ish. Everything looks a lot better graphically but mech battles are slow on 3x for me. Should be fine for you. Start menu always looks laggy even on the PS2. I haven't gotten far but doesn't seem to have saving issues. It does however seem to corrupt saves if you lock values in cheat engine such as stock and boost <_<; while saving. So don't have that on. Otherwise seems to be fine so far (haven't finished playing it on pcsx2 but have beaten it before)

The third seems to play fine, from a few minutes with it.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Episode 2 has FMV audio problems. The in game cutscenes are fine its jsut the FMV's. During the FMV's it sounds like a helicopter running that's really staic like in you left audio side. Other than that the game play fine but I wouldn't force yourself to go through that horrible game though. As for 3 it plays flawless except for a minor light problem in DX11 where it goes dim a lot. DX11 is the most compatible mode for XS3 as well. Even more than software. DX11 will give you the best speed as well.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(05-19-2013, 04:16 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: Episode 2 has FMV audio problems. The in game cutscenes are fine its jsut the FMV's. During the FMV's it sounds like a helicopter running that's really staic like in you left audio side. Other than that the game play fine but I wouldn't force yourself to go through that horrible game though. As for 3 it plays flawless except for a minor light problem in DX11 where it goes dim a lot. DX11 is the most compatible mode for XS3 as well. Even more than software. DX11 will give you the best speed as well.

Well, I've already played and beaten all 3 of the games, and loved the story by the way. my only problem with it was in the 2nd one where they changed the character models so drastically from the first game. was really jarring and I had trouble telling some of the character apart.

Really wish they had been able to do the 5 or 6 games that they had planned for the overall story. Episode 3 was really rushed, but they wrapped up as much of the story as they could.
(05-19-2013, 04:16 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: Episode 2 has FMV audio problems. The in game cutscenes are fine its jsut the FMV's. During the FMV's it sounds like a helicopter running that's really staic like in you left audio side. Other than that the game play fine but I wouldn't force yourself to go through that horrible game though. As for 3 it plays flawless except for a minor light problem in DX11 where it goes dim a lot. DX11 is the most compatible mode for XS3 as well. Even more than software. DX11 will give you the best speed as well.

I just beat Episode 2 today and there were no audio issues.

The audio issues happen if you try setting your sound to pro logic 2. I could never get it to work with that dolby crap in pcsx2. Stereo is fine.

Also for my card, I can play X3 on x3 res, but nothing I do reduces the load on my graphics card for the menus. For some reason rendering these 2D graphics brings me down to about 50% speed. Software mode it runs max at though.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
In menus and what not in X3 I ahve to switch to software in order to get 60+FPS. In DX11 it drops down to like 28fps for me. My system is also better than your as well... I can play the game fine at 60fps at 4x or even 4x native res but theres no point in going up to 5 or 6 though.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3