Xenosaga 1 Playability?
I know this is an old thread but I want to provide some information that might help users running Xenosaga who were experiencing the same problem as me.

So yeah, any problem with slowdown in Xenosaga is going to be in the cores and CPU. Not your graphics card. Switching from HD to native has absolutely no effect. At least for me. Unless you do like 6x native but I have no idea why anyone would do that anyway. I got a new GTX 650 to replace my old Radeon and although I experienced a ton of speedup in other games, expecially at higher resolutions, it had no effect on Xenosaga. So feel free to put the resolution as high as you want and I don't think there will be any slowdown.

1. SuperVU is about 5 FPS faster. I have not noticed any negative side effects so I think it is fine.
2. Still in VUs, Nearest and then None is also about 5 FPS faster. Again, I have not noticed any compatibility issues.
3. In EE/OP, Nearest and None don't have much effect on speedup, if any. So I say just leave it alone.
4. All recommended speedhacks help. Not noticing any difference enabling EE Cyclerate hack. Not noticing any difference in VU Cycle Stealing 1; 2 and 3 cause regular audio but major synch problems.

From there, only thing you can do is frame skipping but I'm not noticing any difference in speedup when skipping one frame, and skipping two is out of the question.

Sponsored links

Xenosaga never ran below 40 fps for me on my old Dual Core (AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ and x2600xt and later with my 5770), never tried it with my new hardware. Xenosaga CAN be on the heavy side, but it's not that terrible like for example Shadow of the Colussus.
(05-29-2012, 10:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 1st, don't trust youtube videos.
even if the actual galeplay was at 30fps, the YT video would play it at 50/60

second, you said you have a 6-core CPU. What kind of cpu is it ?
did you try latest svn with MTVU hack enabled ?

You got it backwards... YT plays vids at 30fps not 60/50
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3