Xenosaga 1 Widescreen Problems Please Help
I have never played this on emulator before and it had been a long time since I played anything on PCSX2 so I totally forgot about patching games for widescreen.... So I load this up and the gameplay actually was widescreen (before I download the hack) but the videos are 4:3 ... soooo I download the hack (the 6D1276AB one) and at first I couldnt get it to work.. then I read someone online say to select Enable Cheats but dont select Enable Widescreen Patches..

So when I do this, now the videos get streched widescreen how I wanted, but the gameplay is 4:3 streched too! ... the only way it seems I can get the 16:9 graphics is with 4:3 video, its highly frustrating because I saw someones walkthrough on youtube that has 16:9 widescreen gameplay and widescreen video too and I dont know what im doing wrong.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
(01-14-2018, 06:54 AM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

i5 2500k, Radeon 380X, 16gb ram, windows 7, PCSX2 version 1.4.0, Xenosaga Episode 1 (US) ISO
Just reenable widescreen patches. Delete whatever one you downloaded as well, it should already be in the archive included with PCSX2.
(01-14-2018, 07:09 AM)CK1 Wrote: Just reenable widescreen patches. Delete whatever one you downloaded as well, it should already be in the archive included with PCSX2.

So I want to deselect cheats and enable widescreen patches? and my cheats folder should be empty? and what folder is the archive in?

Because when I do all this the game is widescreen but videos are 4:3.
videos will be 4:3 anyways
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-14-2018, 10:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: videos will be 4:3 anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F1AQ3WL...Ih2jAW5y49

look at this... he got the videos stretched full screen and also 16:9 gameplay.
They are 4:3 stretched to full screen. Not real 16:9
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-14-2018, 01:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: They are 4:3 stretched to full screen. Not real 16:9

yea well tell me how to do that because I cant get the videos to stretch and the gameplay to be 16:9 at the same time.. i can only get one or the other.
Setting the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the GS Window settings will do a stretch.