Xenosaga 1 openGL blending options issue
Could you test 1.4 gsdx with the unsafe frame buffer hack enabled (and disabled too)

Sponsored links

(11-16-2016, 08:47 AM)anton2k4 Wrote: hello gregory, yes, it's a 1.5 git that i'm using. no hardware hacks turned on while testing. strangely enough, i tried running it both on the integrated graphics card and the 970m and framerates were just about equal, with probably a difference of 1-2 fps during the slowdowns. hope this additional info helps.

Did you make sure you were using the 970m by making a profile in the Nvidia control panel for PCSX2 and selecting it in GSDX?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-16-2016, 11:49 AM)refraction Wrote: Did you make sure you were using the 970m by making a profile in the Nvidia control panel for PCSX2 and selecting it in GSDX?

Hello refraction, yup, checked both nvidia control panel and the GSDX settings. here is a screenshot of the GSDX settings i'm using. another thing of note, when i uncheck the 8-bit texture box, framerates jump to 120-122% during cutscenes, irrelevant of whether i use basic or high blending option.

gregory, would you be kind enough to explain how i can turn on unsafe framebuffer hack? i have a copy of the 1.4.0 release but i can't seem to find the line in the GSdx.ini file nor in the gsdx options in pcsx2 itself
It probably isn't in 1.4.0, you will need to get a recent git build from the download section
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Enable hw hack and check the sub section
(11-16-2016, 10:27 PM)gregory Wrote: Enable hw hack and check the sub section

can't seem to find it. here are some screenshots of the gsdx window with hw hack on for both 1.4.0 and 1.5 git

Hum, I think I added after the 1.4 release. Don't bother further I will check the speed impact on my gs dump. And I will report it back.
Wait did you enable tri-linear filtering ? Could you test with bilinear only. And could you test 2x scaling.
(11-19-2016, 01:11 PM)gregory Wrote: Wait did you enable tri-linear filtering ? Could you test with bilinear only. And could you test 2x scaling.

hello gregory, tested bilinear ps2 on 2x scaling. the framerate increased from 57 to 63. switching between basic and high blending option still had no effect on the framerate though. EE, GS, and VU usage is at ~45%