Xenosaga 3072 x 3072 HD lines error on screen
tsunami2311:
The sound slows down because your framerate slows down. Sound and video are in synch on
a PS2 and while it is possible to break that synch (try async mixing in SPU2-X), this will
cause badly timed audio. You'll get spoken dialogue before the action actually happens.
So in essence: You need to fix the slowdowns somehow for perfect audio.

Dakaran:
Your ram, video memory and SSD speeds do nothing for PCSX2, sorry Tongue2
The slowdowns you get in game menus is from overburdening your graphic
card. Simply back down the upscaling a bit to fix that.

Sponsored links

Huh from opening the inventory too in FFXII? I mean it's just a menu Tongue2???
Yes. Don't think of this as easy as PC games.
We cannot change how a game does things. When the game designers decide to use a billion
sprites to draw an inventory, we have to render a billion sprites or else the display will be wrong.

So what was efficient on the PS2 may be very slow when emulated, no way around that.
ok but what resources does it tap in, so that I know what to improve on hardware?
Did you try lowering the upscale factors? If that makes it go quicker, the problem is your gpu.
You might just settle for reasonable upscaling though, as there's hardly any benefit over x3 scaling.
Im not sure what the slow down is coming from. I just know some cut scence drop to sub 30 fps and certain skill kill the fps to sub 30 fps like thermal blast also have more then 2 awgs on screen kills fps

i7 [email protected]
6gb ram
450 gts
use the latest svn build and enable mtvu for a 5-50FPS increase (scene intensity depending)
I have 0.9.8 so where is the Mtvu because I only see mvu?? Tongue2 I see MTgs but not mtvu xD? I'm also hoping at some point super high end hardware would allow me to run really high without FPS drops.
I don't get how you deducted that latest SVN=0.9.8 release...the SVN builds can be downloaded here:
http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hum, because I didn't know svn so I assumed it was the version but thanks I got the download and =mtvu makes it faster to recover FPS rate in Xenosaga but still the explosions effect like fire cuts in half the FPS while when Shion attacks while KOS-MOS are fine. Tongue2