Xenosaga Ep. I - Any new help with slowdown?
I was wondering if, with the newer dev builds (I use the nightly 1.5 from just the other day now) if there was any way to squeeze any more speed out it for games like Xenosaga. It runs fine about 85-90% of the time but I still have some slowdowns here and there. Not slow enough to be unplayable, but definitely noticeable. Here are my settings:

EE/OP
----------
EmotionEngine: Recompiler
IOP: Recompiler
Round Mode: Chop/Zero
Clamping Mode: Normal

VUs
-----------
VU0: Recompiler
VU1: Recompiler
Round: Chop/Zero
Clamping: Normal

Frameskipping disabled
Wait for Vsync: disabled
All speedhacks except Fast CDVD on
EE Cyclerate -1
EE Cycle Skipping 0

Gsdx Direct3D11 Plugin
------------------
Large framebuffer enabled
2x native resolution
Antistropic filtering: off
Mippmapping: basic
CRC hacks: full
Accurate Data: Fast
Accurate Blending: Basic
Disable Safe Features
Fast Texture Invalidation
Half-pixel Offset: Normal
Round Sprite: Half
Skipdraw: 1/1
Texture filtering on
FXAA on
External shader on

System Specs
--------------------
Windows 8.1
AMD FX-6300 6-core 3.8 Ghz processor (OC'd)
16 GB RAM
4GB AMD Radeon R7 370 graphics card

Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Xenosaga Episode I is the heaviest of the 3 it was the only one that I couldn't get to run at 60 fps on my Phenom II, haven't tried it yet with my Ryzen though.
dont use any speedhacks....any namco games comes with it hates that hacks....and also try native x1 on GPU plug-in settings
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Xenosaga wasn't by Namco though IIRC. They're made by Monolith, before they got gobbled up by or SQEnix or Bamco.
(05-10-2019, 02:44 PM)StriFe Wrote: Xenosaga wasn't by Namco though IIRC. They're made by Monolith, before they got gobbled up by or SQEnix or Bamco.

It actually runs a bit slower when I turn all the speedhacks off. Was that supposed to include setting the cyclerate back to 0 as well? Since I did that also.
I can't remember what my settings were, I know I used the MTVU hack atleast and didn't really touched anything besides that, mind you this was some years ago. I really should retry playing the game, I loved the Trilogy Smile
(05-10-2019, 09:29 PM)StriFe Wrote: I can't remember what my settings were, I know I used the MTVU hack atleast and didn't really touched anything besides that, mind you this was some years ago. I really should retry playing the game, I loved the Trilogy Smile

Yeah, I've always liked it too. I and III were better than II imho, but all were good.

Anyone know what kind of processor could run these games in PCSX2 without any slowdowns? Finally got all the graphical glitches fixed with the latest dev update, so the speed issues are all that remain. I assume at least 4Ghz, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. As I understand it, the bottleneck tends to be more often on the CPU end than on the GPU, right?
You might have to O/C your CPU a bit more and otherwise maybe time to upgrade Smile XS1 is really the heaviest of the 3 like I said before. PAL Version of the game if there's one 100% is 50 fps, whereas NTSC-U/US is 60 fps.
(05-11-2019, 06:57 AM)StriFe Wrote: You might have to O/C your CPU a bit more and otherwise maybe time to upgrade Smile XS1 is really the heaviest of the 3 like I said before. PAL Version of the game if there's one 100% is 50 fps, whereas NTSC-U/US is 60 fps.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll need an upgrade for that too. Thanks for the help. Smile
No problem Smile I don't know much about the emulator even though I'm on this forum for almost 10 yrs now haha, but when I do know a little trying to help Smile