Xenosaga Episode 1 Slowdowns.
(04-04-2018, 01:57 AM)CaelThunderwing Wrote: nice try but no Cigar, redownload and extract the latest dev build to its own folder copy your memcard images and bios files over *ONLY*and reconfigure and try again. do not copy over plugins or configs

Sorry for late response. Yeah I was updating the wrong way, new to emulators kinda. This is my current layout now.
EDIT: Changing Internal Resolution isn't affecting the FPS much, now I am only getting minor slowdowns in the same area.

[Image: set.png]

Sponsored links

if you using speedhacks "don't do it"
xenosaga hates that speedhacks set it to preset-2.
do so you will get slowdowns.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(04-05-2018, 02:27 AM)smartstrike Wrote: if you using speedhacks "don't do it"
xenosaga hates that speedhacks set it to preset-2.
do so you will get slowdowns.

[Image: blacklines.png]

Speedhacks are preset to 2.
Got a black void issue now. Only during cutscenes though.
That resolution is too high, 6x native or less. 4x Native is optimal.
^
^
^
well thats the only way i already experienced that...i have sandy bridge CPU in the past but i gave it away.
i still have my haswell and kaby lake.
as for testing on my old rig i5-4670 using speedhack i'm still got slowdowns....preset-2 fixed that slowdown in exchange of black void issues.
(04-05-2018, 03:07 AM)CK1 Wrote: That resolution is too high, 6x native or less. 4x Native is optimal.

Its on 6x native, will lowering it also fix the subtitles disappearing?
Was following settings from this vid from PCSX2 YT channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation..._U9KMQ5Zzs
(04-05-2018, 03:07 AM)CK1 Wrote: That resolution is too high, 6x native or less. 4x Native is optimal.

there is some penalties of using high-resos
if your reso is at default like nativex1 there is some black lines surrounded each character "in exchange" to HUD
if your reso is high e.g. x3,x4 all graphics fixes that "in exchange" to HUD's annoying garbage lines
additional penalties/notes while using any speedhack on xenosaga:
as i also expereinced it use any kind of speedhack causing also the cutscenes between voice and closed captions(subtitles) gets out of sync too.
(04-05-2018, 03:19 AM)smartstrike Wrote: additional penalties/notes while using any speedhack on xenosaga:
as i also expereinced it use any kind of speedhack causing also the cutscenes between voice and closed captions(subtitles) gets out of sync too.

Hmmm so it isn't gonna run flawlessly no matter what I do, huh? Was hoping to get same results as the PCSX2 team did in that video.
You can run it at full speed 95% of the time with a 8350. Been a long time since I played it ON a 8350 mind you. I will say from what I remember. This was years ago after all. To fix the shadow issues, you should go under your GPU settings and enable HW hacks. Turn on the half pixel offset to normal. If that doesn't fix it pick the other option. There are 3.
AMD had a trick to actually make it run better vs intel. It actually liked VU cycle stealing I think it was. If you turn that to 1 or 2 it may help. I also think you turn off mVU flag hack.
You WILL need to OC the 8350 though to at least 4.4 GHZ to get 60 FPS 95% of the time though.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10