Xenosaga Episode 1, Ziggurat 8 is a green blob.
When the game has me take over Ziggurat 8, he appears as a green apparition with no features or lines. Like a flat green fog.

I found an older thread about this and someone suggested using the 9.8 gsdx but when I copied them over to my plugins folder, I could not select them from my plugins menu (I did restart PCSX2).

Anyone got any advice for me?

Sponsored links

what if you press F9 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Nope, no change whatsoever.
did you patch your game to turn it into a DVD5 ?
Hmm? Nope. I'll look into how to do that now.

If all else fails, I'll just stick with blobby until the main character changes again. Z8 doesn't exactly seem like a likeable character, so I doubt I'll be playing him for long.
Quote:Hmm? Nope. I'll look into how to do that now.
don't.
It's known to bring glitches.
I just tried, conversion program wouldn't take my file.

Any other pointers? About to just grit and bare it. The game is good but the bugs are really starting to irritate the hell outta me. Already got one cutscene that was impossible to watch (was completely black in both rendering modes), half of the save points boot you to the PS BIOS when you try to use them, and now my main character is a green ghost. Hope that's the end of my problems when it comes to this game, but I'm only like two hours in....
(06-28-2014, 06:23 PM)sinsaint Wrote: Already got one cutscene that was impossible to watch (was completely black in both rendering modes)
dunno about this
Quote:, half of the save points boot you to the PS BIOS when you try to use them,
known bug. If you search around a bit, you may find a post that gave all buggy savepoints.
It's recommended to use a savestate before saving for safety.
Quote:and now my main character is a green ghost. Hope that's the end of my problems when it comes to this game, but I'm only like two hours in....
no idea about this either.

care to post the emulog. txt and your pcsx2 settings ?
(06-28-2014, 06:23 PM)sinsaint Wrote: I just tried, conversion program wouldn't take my file.

Any other pointers? About to just grit and bare it. The game is good but the bugs are really starting to irritate the hell outta me. Already got one cutscene that was impossible to watch (was completely black in both rendering modes), half of the save points boot you to the PS BIOS when you try to use them, and now my main character is a green ghost. Hope that's the end of my problems when it comes to this game, but I'm only like two hours in....

there is nothing to convert, Just make copy of the game using imgburn. There are know issue with with this game trying to run it off the disc or using some other program to make iso of this disc cause its DVD9 (dual layered 9gb disc)

What pcsx2 build you using cause I just check mine out using last build of SVN build 5932 and ziggurat shows fine. so do the cut scenes there is only hand full them that dont show correct that require switching from HW to software

Save points are old bug wont get fix as it will break other games, and some person on the forums did some testing ad said this bug happend on some ps2 with diffrent bios verisons
I'm using 1.21 stable release right now.

Everything on default; tried on software mode with no speedhacks and I still am stuck with a green blob.
This guy has the same exact problem, picture included.