Xenosaga Episode 1, Ziggurat 8 is a green blob.
then download pcsx2 1.0.0 binary version and use gsdx r4600

what about what I asked ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Oh, I see what the problem was. It was some kind of graphical bug caused by some transparency effects. Once he got out of his temporary stealth he returned to normal. Thanks for trying to help.
(06-28-2014, 08:18 PM)sinsaint Wrote: I'm using 1.21 stable release right now.

Everything on default; tried on software mode with no speedhacks and I still am stuck with a green blob.
This guy has the same exact problem, picture included.

umm that us normal he is invisible and that is how the game shows him invisible when we first get introduced to ziggurat. and i pretty sure that how its showed on the ps2.
I can confirm that is normal
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sorry, my bad. It looked so poor quality and with no warning (doesn't show him going invisible in a cutscene) so I just assumed it was the emulator bugging out.
(06-28-2014, 08:09 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Save points are old bug wont get fix as it will break other games, and some person on the forums did some testing ad said this bug happend on some ps2 with diffrent bios verisons

Anyone got more info on why this issue happens? It's rather interesting to me why it would happen for just one specific game in only limited places.

And I realize it's perhaps rather sloppy "work around"-style coding, but couldn't they just put in a game-specific fix for it to handle memory card calls differently just when the game that's running is XS to avoid breaking other games?
(06-29-2014, 04:51 PM)BlackTelomeres Wrote: Anyone got more info on why this issue happens? It's rather interesting to me why it would happen for just one specific game in only limited places.

And I realize it's perhaps rather sloppy "work around"-style coding, but couldn't they just put in a game-specific fix for it to handle memory card calls differently just when the game that's running is XS to avoid breaking other games?

search the forums the many topics about this, last guy to test these said it happens on actual ps2 with certian bios. the issue is not probably just use a save state before you try make ingame save.
(06-29-2014, 07:16 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: search the forums the many topics about this, last guy to test these said it happens on actual ps2 with certian bios. the issue is not probably just use a save state before you try make ingame save.

Yeah I saw some of the older posts too before finding this thread, like perhaps this one:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...#pid374992

That seems like the one you may be referring to. It has a lot of good info from a testing perspective but not fully theories on why the error occurs or why it's so much more prevalent on emulation than on real PS2s (if it was totally BIOS-dependent and as prevalent on real PS2s as on emulators, I would think there would've been a decent amount about it on message boards about the game back when the game came out) but I never saw anything like that.

One guy in a much older post (like 2009 or so) said they knew why it happened though so I was interested in the technical details.

I kind of get the feeling from people's past posts on the subject that it's a combined emu/BIOS issue (or certain BIOS vers make it worse) since apparently the devs have said before that it could be fixed, just that it would break other games. If it was totally BIOS dependent then I doubt they could fix it on the emu end.
Just FYI, in my last playthrough of this a few months ago, the two that gave me problems were Shion's Room on the Woglinde(easily avoidable, just savestate here the one time you are likely there), and the main save point on the Elsa. That one is a bit of a pain, because it's one you will likely use a lot. There is another save point on the Elsa, lower deck, near KOSMOS maintenance area though. What I did was use save state mostly, and then my last save of the day(before I quit to sleep or whatever) would be to walk down to that save point and save to the card.

However, I recommend making a save state before attempting to use ANY save point, even one you've used successfully before. The one in Shion's room only bugged out on me once, I tried it again and it worked. So you never know.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, I don't think it's too much of an annoyance gameplay-wise as long as someone knows to expect it and is using save states in concert with real saves. (And their save states hold out of course.)

Found kind of a more unfortunate bug with the game though that people also have mentioned before on this board in other threads: the first Shion dream sequence on Woglinde, a black box will cover part of the screen or all of it even in software mode (which seemed extremely accurate until then). Looks like some kind of greyscale filter not being applied correctly from captures of the game on real hardware. There's a couple of scenes in the same style elsewhere in the game so I assume perhaps they'll all be like that.