Xenosaga Episode 1 crash during cutscene
I was wondering if someone can help me with this problem I've been having. I've been playing xenosaga episode 1 on pcsx2 0.9.7.3876 and I've gotten around 10 hours completed without any real problems (other than the save bug). However, my game keeps crashing at the same point in one of the fmv cutscenes (it's when you are leaving the dock colony, during the cutscene of the desert in Kenya with doctor mesuda). I've tried a few different video plugins and it keeps crashing at the same spot. If I try skipping the cutscene, I end up with a black screen, although the menu option still works and I can see the minimap in the corner.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored links

you're version is not supported. update to 0.9.8 or a recent orphis trunk build.
(09-12-2011, 04:32 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you're version is not supported. update to 0.9.8 or a recent orphis trunk build.

Ok, but will my save states carry over? The in-game saves are bugged in xenosaga so I can only use save states. I don't want to lose my data by updating.
the ingame saves are not completely broken, you just have to be careful about where you save. the save point near kosmos's chair near the hanger is always safe to use while the save point near the cockpit will always reset the game.
Ok I just updated and it's still crashing at the same point. During the cutscene, the screen will get really blurry/static and replay a 1 second endless loop. It's at the exact same spot every time. Any ideas?
I'm over 10 hours in and I've only just got past the part when Ziggy and MOMO arrive on Elsa. I have no idea how far ahead that Kenya part is. Am I going slow or are you going fast? I've only played the card game, mech game and drill game once each, too.
I passed the whole game, no problems like that, re-rip your iso with imgburn. Your iso could be messed up if you used any of the program that's not able to do 100% rip and recreate some stuff on it's own assuming it's pc iso.

Edit, just to proof: "it's when you are leaving the dock colony, during the cutscene of the desert in Kenya with doctor mesuda" the cutscene in desert with doc SHOULDN'T show after you're leaving colony;]. Your disc loads completely different scene, it's bad rip.
nevermind I figured it out. Thread can be closed.
What was the problem? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hello, Im playing this game on my PS2 and i have the exact same problem, how did you solve it? I already tried saving somewhere else than the savepoint near the cockpit.