Xenosaga Episode 1 pink-ish line when using resolution above native
as seen in the picture

[Image: 31275737_2138428256174044_56808650121051...e=5B50A563]

there are some pink-ish line in picture even when i use Dx 11 or OpenGL ( and the resolution above native produce that problem )

*but when use native resolution the problem not appear..

is there any solution to that ?

Graphics Card : AMD Radeon HD 6670
pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2350-g011cd90fb-windows-x86

Enable HW Hack ( half pixel offset set to normal vertex ) => for fix Shadow puppet lines

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

native x1 shall fix it but exchanged on character black vertical strings lines
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I just did a quick test so I don't know if this breaks anything but setting "Round Sprite" in HW hacks to half,fixes that problem
If your CPU can handle it i recommend running this game in opengl software mode, hardware mode on AMD gpu's will usually have visual artifacts and reduced performance. But i do notice you have an older AMD gpu, the 6670, if your drivers are older you might be lucky to have okay performance and no visual artifacts, although i wouldn't push it past 1x native. Don't go for DX11 with this game, you will be having some poping/artifacts and missing cutscenes (some cutscenes wont work) in both hardware and software mode, only the opengl render shows them properly.
(04-28-2018, 06:34 AM)vsub Wrote: I just did a quick test so I don't know if this breaks anything but setting "Round Sprite" in HW hacks to half,fixes that problem

MY MAN VSUB

Your solution fixed my problem !!

well i don't know if the additional hack will affect another aspect later on in gameplay include graphic

but for know THANKS SO MUCH DUDE !!
(04-28-2018, 09:47 AM)Strike105X Wrote: If your CPU can handle it i recommend running this game in opengl software mode, hardware mode on AMD gpu's will usually have visual artifacts and reduced performance. But i do notice you have an older AMD gpu, the 6670, if your drivers are older you might be lucky to have okay performance and no visual artifacts, although i wouldn't push it past 1x native. Don't go for DX11 with this game, you will be having some poping/artifacts and missing cutscenes (some cutscenes wont work) in both hardware and software mode, only the opengl render shows them properly.

how do u know "DONT GO DX11 for xenosaga" ?

do u have already tested that ?

cuz OPENGL much slower than DX11 ( not even 100% speed )
(04-28-2018, 03:07 PM)NewbieEmulator Wrote: how do u know "DONT GO DX11 for xenosaga" ?

Because OpenGL is the recommended render because it's more accurate.

Anyway your issue is because you have an AMD GPU. Their OpenGL drivers are bad.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/wiki/Open...ed-to-know
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(04-28-2018, 03:07 PM)NewbieEmulator Wrote: how do u know "DONT GO DX11 for xenosaga" ?

Yes, i have, there are a few implementations that the opengl backhand has that the DX11 render doesn't have, and thus the DX11 backend will not be able to render some of the cutscenes and it will have errors rendering some parts of the game.  Precisely because the opengl render performs worse on AMD gpu's i recommended you to go with the opengl software render, that way the CPU will handle it and you will be able to experience the game without glitches (should work good if you have a decent enough CPU). This is the main reason i keep bringing up vulkan support for pcsx2, since vulkan is an opengl fork but one that performs well on AMD as well.
(04-28-2018, 04:48 PM)Strike105X Wrote: Yes, i have, there are a few implementations that the opengl backhand has that the DX11 render doesn't have, and thus the DX11 backend will not be able to render some of the cutscenes and it will have errors rendering some parts of the game.  Precisely because the opengl render performs worse on AMD gpu's i recommended you to go with the opengl software render, that way the CPU will handle it and you will be able to experience the game without glitches (should work good if you have a decent enough CPU). This is the main reason i keep bringing up vulkan support for pcsx2, since vulkan is an opengl fork but one that performs well on AMD as well.

can you tell me what cutscene will be error ?
(04-29-2018, 01:13 AM)NewbieEmulator Wrote: can you tell me what cutscene will be error ?

There's not just one, there's at least three i can think of the top of my head (describing them its spoiler territory but i'll just say this, some of them are when a certain little girl appears in Shion's dreams). Although for some reason not addressed in the wiki, this bug happens when a grayscale post-processing effect is applied in the game, the way gregory described it was that the game calls upon the loopback write capability of GSDX where the game does a color to luminance conversion which hasn't been implemented in except for the OpenGL backend by him. With DX11 the floor of Ruberto's office also glitched for me, there where other issues but i forgot them now.