Xenosaga Episode I looking like this...
with the cpu at 3.4Ghz

Sponsored links

im pretty sure the mac port only supports 2 processors but im not sure if the windows port can make use of more. I would assume so since it's much more advanced and and there are a lot of windows users with quad core (whereas the number of mac users with quad core is much smaller since they were only added recently and on certain models).

Can anyone comfirm if windows port can user 4+ cores as opposed to macs 2 cores?
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

The current SVNs have the new MTVU speed hack (multi threaded VU) which makes VU1 run on a separate thread. That makes it 3 major threads, EE, VU1 and GS and 1 minor GUI thread so you can say PCSX2 can now use 4 threads but it's mostly 3 (the GUI thread will only cause very low load)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hello folks,

I finally took rama's advice and installed Bootcamp, everything is installed fine and good to go.
Now, when I load Xenosaga Episode I, I go past the boot screen with some strange blue flashes, and on the Playstation 2 boot logo, before the game loads, the emulator freezes, just like in the first picture that I attached.

I am not sure what could be wrong, I have all the latest graphics card drivers installed, but probably I am missing something on the PCSX2 plugins. I am not sure what plugin benefits what. I posted my configurations too.

Any ideas? Wacko

Thank you for your time,
Yiannis

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try using the internal iso reader and try "boot cdvd (fast)".
Hi rama. I tried that and it goes to black screen. Is the internal ISO reader, by choosing CDVD > Iso Selector?
You are trying some undub rip of the game. The actual game is a single DVD9 disc and that is most probably the cause of your problems.
Thanks for the input. Now it goes to the menu and everything, with a small sound delay (but that's fine) but as soon as you click New Game, before the cutscene, I get an An Error Occured - Skip or Replay. I tried clicking both option, but both options take you to the main gameplay, whereas everything is blacked out, except from the map on the lower right corner. There is no music too, only SFX. You can go to the menu, and everything seems fine there, but there are absolutely no gameplay graphics there, just a black screen, except from the map.

Is that a known problem?
Yes it means the ISO is bad...
And I tried it this time with a single DVD9 disc.