Xenosaga Episode I looking like this...
Hey folks, I run Xenosaga Episode I on a:

27'' iMac
2.8GHz Intel Quad Core i5
16GB of RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5750

I am not sure how to configure the PCSX2 port, but assuming that I made a huge researches on BIOSs and plugins, I should have been pretty much all set.

Now, the first problems I encounter after launching the game is a 2.5-second delay on the sound. The intro video (apart from the sound) ran fine, but then as soon as I go to gameplay mode, my in-game graphics look like that: http://i53.tinypic.com/2nb4n6b.png

I have been pretty unlucky with gaming on this Mac, and as I understand that it's a pretty powerful system, the graphics seem appaling.

Any help on the sound and graphics?

Thank you,
Yiannis

Sponsored links

things you're gonna wanna do (if you haven't already):

- Update your x11/xquartz version to the newest version of xquartz
- Download the newest video plugin (on download page or here - http://pcsx2mac.net/files/ZZOglPG.0.1.0.dmg)
(installation instruction video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZNE-izx5yU)
- In the audio plugin uncheck every box (even the recommended one) -> this should fix the sound delay
- Make sure 'No Logarithmic Z' is clicked
- Play around in advanced, and speed hacks because your system is strong and can probly run them at higher settings.
- Try the different 'Game fixes' and theres a few options in the video plugin which may be successful. ie specular highlights mentions making xenosaga run faster.

However it might not work on the mac side despite your best efforts. no real way to know without trying.
If it fails you'd have to run the windows version via bootcamp or with your system you might be able to run it in parallels or vmware so you dont need to restart your mac.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

Hint: the mac port is not official and not even up to date with the current source tree.
Hint 2: This game will not be playable on your cpu at its current speed.
I tried a couple of things, but no avail...

I keep having delay, even with all sound setting unchecked (that's what I originally had, too)
and the graphics didn't change at all, even after clicking No Logarithmic Z and Specular Highlights,
to me, it looks that it's a deeper graphics problem. Or are there specific things I need to click and
unclick? To the average gamer, truth be told, it's all difficult terms to understand.

I see other people running FFX or KH on even smaller Mac systems, like MacBook Pro's, and flawlessly,
but I don't understand why it doesn't on mine. Could it be that Xenosaga Episode I hasn't been
properly tested? I forgot to mention, I run on Snow Leopard.
FFX and KH don't spam the CPU with geometry and primitives either.
the list of games tested and working on mac is pretty limited.
the FF series and KH series are very popular hence why they have had so much work done on them on the mac side of things.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

Oh I understand... I guess I should have done a better research on it.
Does anybody in here have any other experiences, playing with less popular games, like Xenosaga?

Thank you so much for your help, everyone.
Katamari damacy, metal slug anthology

Burnout and star wars battlefront series don't work.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
I ran into the same problems trying to play Xenosaga. Word on the net is that the series posed many emulation problems even for the main distribution.
Take my usual advice:
Bootcamp and Windows.
With this cpu and gpu you'll get a perfectly playable game that looks nice, too.