Xenosaga - Help for running the game at a stable FPS [AMD]
Also make sure that you turn on MTVU hack since your CPU is a quadcore Smile

Sponsored links

(06-10-2019, 07:18 PM)kozarovv Wrote: What you can try, but keep in mind that can make things even worst.

EE Cycle skipping 1
EE Cyclerate -1 or 1 (try what fits better)
Turn off accurate date (not sure that XS need it)
Turn off FXAA shader

First three options can affect graphic, make some glitches, make some doors won't open, etc. But can also don't affect anything like that, just if you find something from mentioned issues, that will be first to check.

Can you tell me where can you find the EE Cyclerate options?

(06-10-2019, 07:52 PM)StriFe Wrote: Also make sure that you turn on MTVU hack since your CPU is a quadcore Smile

Is this option in the Emulation Settings tab? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT : Holy crap, it seems to work at a 100% for now (tutorial battle) with those settings, thank you all. I'll get back and say if it's consistent or not. (just have to make sure almost every other applications on my computer are closed however)

EDIT2 : Erfff, the cutscene after the tutorial is still very damn slow. 
[Image: XRsuxpk.jpg]

EDIT3 : Seems like the overworld is around 100%, cutscenes are at a very unstable 66 to 95%, and battles are often stuck at 80-90%, with some occasional jumps to 100% which alst around 10 seconds before going back down.
Keep in mind that some speedhacks CAN give more problems, your processor is really overall too slow for this game, if you want to play it at a normal rate you can do 3 things:

Overclock your CPU
Buy a better CPU
Play it on your PS2 and you have to deal with the mediocre graphics Smile
(06-10-2019, 11:42 PM)StriFe Wrote: Keep in mind that some speedhacks CAN give more problems, your processor is really overall too slow for this game, if you want to play it at a normal rate you can do 3 things:

Overclock your CPU
Buy a better CPU
Play it on your PS2 and you have to deal with the mediocre graphics Smile

I live in Europe and unfortunately I've also tried burnt CDs, but I think since i'm playing undubbed and my disc writer is quite old the games have an insane loading time and sometimes the entire game freezes... Guess I'll have to wait until i do get a better pc Sad
But thanks for the help.
No problem Smile
be sure never use any speedhacks on that game the voice cutscenes will go out of sync.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel