Xenosaga I - Save Point problem.
Hi. I just started playing the game and when I try using the second (or any other save point besides the first) I am thrown to the "PS2 System Memory Card screen".
I tried using the PCSX2 1.4.0 and also one of the latest builds (pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3369-g2b6905307-windows-x86) but both have the same problem.
As for the emulator's configuration, I am using the default configuration of everything and using bios SCPH-77001 (USA).

I am attaching a screenshot of the second save point and another attachment showing the "PS2 System Memory Card screen" after I click the save point icon.

Second save point:

"PS2 System Memory Card screen" after I click the save point icon

Is there a PCSX2 version or some specific configuration/plugins/files that fixes the bug?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Update to 1.5
(02-09-2020, 02:27 AM)CK1 Wrote: Update to 1.5

I already did. I'm using pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3369-g2b6905307-windows-x86 but I'm still having that problem.
thanks for replying though.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
This is technically not even a bug, the game was actually programmed to do this on purpose and you can replicate this on the actual PS2 as well. I created a patch that fixes this, you can read about it here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid603236
(02-09-2020, 02:32 AM)CK1 Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

The log is empty.

(02-09-2020, 02:38 AM)pandubz Wrote: This is technically not even a bug, the game was actually programmed to do this on purpose and you can replicate this on the actual PS2 as well. I created a patch that fixes this, you can read about it here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid603236

I tested on one of the save points and that did the trick. Thank you very much.
(02-09-2020, 02:38 AM)pandubz Wrote: This is technically not even a bug, the game was actually programmed to do this on purpose and you can replicate this on the actual PS2 as well. I created a patch that fixes this, you can read about it here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid603236

Shouldn't this be added to the GameIndex.db then(or maybe it is,I did not update in a while)until a better fix is added rather than looking for a fix

Just add

Code:
Serial = SLUS-20469
Name   = Xenosaga - Episode I - Der Wille zur Macht
Region = NTSC-U
Compat = 5
[patches = 6D1276AB]
    comment=Patch by pandubz, PSI, turtleli
    // Save Point Crash Prevention
    patch=1,EE,20289db0,extended,24040000
[/patches]
And that way you don't need to enable the cheats

I had no idea that there was a fix for this so thanks
(02-09-2020, 10:21 AM)vsub Wrote: Shouldn't this be added to the GameIndex.db then(or maybe it is,I did not update in a while)until a better fix is added rather than looking for a fix

Just add

Code:
Serial = SLUS-20469
Name   = Xenosaga - Episode I - Der Wille zur Macht
Region = NTSC-U
Compat = 5
[patches = 6D1276AB]
    comment=Patch by pandubz, PSI, turtleli
    // Save Point Crash Prevention
    patch=1,EE,20289db0,extended,24040000
[/patches]
And that way you don't need to enable the cheats

I had no idea that there was a fix for this so thanks

Popular opinion was to keep it out of the gamedb until it had some time in the field and was proven stable. Maybe during the 1.7 lifecycle we will add it.
(02-09-2020, 01:48 AM)MOUD Wrote: Hi. I just started playing the game and when I try using the second (or any other save point besides the first) I am thrown to the "PS2 System Memory Card screen".
I tried using the PCSX2 1.4.0 and also one of the latest builds (pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3369-g2b6905307-windows-x86) but both have the same problem.
As for the emulator's configuration, I am using the default configuration of everything and using bios SCPH-77001 (USA).

I am attaching a screenshot of the second save point and another attachment showing the "PS2 System Memory Card screen" after I click the save point icon.

Second save point:

"PS2 System Memory Card screen" after I click the save point icon

Is there a PCSX2 version or some specific configuration/plugins/files that fixes the bug?

Thanks in advance.
It is already 2022, and I am using PCSX2 to play this game, Xenosaga Episode I, but not only some save plates are broken, but the ability to use [EVS/UMN] save plate in the Elsa to travel back to previous played sections of the game is useless, for it shows the same issue as you describe here.  By the way, I'm using version 1.6.0, and it seems this issue will never be fixed from what I've read about it so far. What a bummer!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go