Xenosaga I going to PS2 system screen at save points
I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 r5350, and almost every time I try to save (I hit "O" at a save point) instead of taking me to the normal menu, it goes to the playstation 2 system screen. I've tried removing all speed hacks (though I kept it on "safe" preset) as well as changing GSDX from DX9 with 1920x1200 resolution to software and disabling my widescreen cheat that I was using to make it 16:10.

Sponsored links

It's known problem.
The only solution is to make a save state before trying to save to the card(the problem exist on certain save points)
Ah, I see. Is there any way to minimize the occurrence of this? I don't remember clearly, but I do recall that there are other things to do at save points besides saving. Its been almost 10 years since I've played this gem, but I do think you sue your passports at save points. Just using save states isn't really an option.
(06-01-2013, 11:52 PM)nstgc Wrote: Ah, I see. Is there any way to minimize the occurrence of this? I don't remember clearly, but I do recall that there are other things to do at save points besides saving. Its been almost 10 years since I've played this gem, but I do think you sue your passports at save points. Just using save states isn't really an option.

That's was long ago, if I recall correctly the problem is with a few savepoints at the game's very beginning, sadly one of them is important to the story.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-02-2013, 12:03 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That's was long ago, if I recall correctly the problem is with a few savepoints at the game's very beginning, sadly one of them is important to the story.

Which one, or can you not remember? Is there somewhere that I can read up about this?
So how to pass that save point?
(06-02-2013, 01:25 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: So how to pass that save point?

Just have a sstate before attempting to use the save point as already pointed. If falling back to the BIOS reload and leave it alone.

That one I mentioned is related to the tutorial, iirc, I can't really recall what was about specifically but it's nothing game breaking. After a while that problem with save points is gone, just keep going for a little while and remember to keep sstates and you are fine.

PS: The problem is related with specific save points and only for a while (let's assume that's in the tutorial kind part). So, despite being reproducible was hard to determine the causes even because is somewhat random, sometimes is possible to save at those points if desperately wanting to repeat the attempts till happening.
Imagination is where we are truly real