Xenosaga I problem
Not yet, I have a save that goes that far but I was starting a new game, to deal with that. the ANTI Gnosis units slow down the fps because of their textures and how annoyingly big they are in-game.
As for the 50 fps... that is hard to get. I can get that... in the menu's, but only in them. otherwise it's a 30-40 fps.
At the moment I'm trying to reconfigure things to get it to run decently, and trying to find a middle ground where I can run .hack gu as well without having to play around with the settings.
I'll try a battle with an agws in a few minutes and I'll see if it makes a difference in fps with where my new settings are at.

Sponsored links

enable the 8bit texture hack in gsdx
The funny thing about those slowdowns is that neither CPU or GFX load are at 100%. It's kinda strange.

(04-16-2011, 08:25 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: enable the 8bit texture hack in gsdx
Regarding wich problem? I always have allow 8-bit textures on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 4GHz
GPU: ASUS GTX580 @ stock
RAM: 8GB (2x4) DDR3 PC3-10600
MB: ASRock P67 Pro3
Outside of battle I get 60 fps ^^
In battle it cuts in half to 30-33 fps
Summoning an AWGS.... 8-fps ._.

Edit: I have the 8-bit textures on

Btw... 2 AWGS?! and you still have 56 fps... no fair...
(04-16-2011, 08:27 PM)Hatman Wrote: The funny thing about those slowdowns is that neither CPU or GFX load are at 100%. It's kinda strange.

Regarding wich problem? I always have allow 8-bit textures on.

you really shouldn't, in most games it causes excessive gpu load and reduces performance.

(04-16-2011, 08:29 PM)Reias Wrote: Outside of battle I get 60 fps ^^
In battle it cuts in half to 30-33 fps
Summoning an AWGS.... 8-fps ._.

Edit: I have the 8-bit textures on

Btw... 2 AWGS?! and you still have 56 fps... no fair...

the result of running this game on less than a 4.2Ghz core i.
Slowdowns with less than 100% EE/VU may be result of too much speedhacks, after certain point, reducing the clock the EE should run and/or stealing VU cycles take their toll. And it's highly game dependent too.

PS: If EE or GS reports high values one while the other is low loaded, and yet an external cpu load monitor reports low load in all cores, it's probably due to Windows saving power feature together with CPU turbo feature being "fooled" than keeping the CPU clock low is OK..., one possible workaround is using a high performance power saving feature on Windows.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-16-2011, 09:47 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you really shouldn't, in most games it causes excessive gpu load and reduces performance.
Dude! You get my coolest-person-of-the-week award. That really was the problem. Runs much better now. And at 100% EE again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 4GHz
GPU: ASUS GTX580 @ stock
RAM: 8GB (2x4) DDR3 PC3-10600
MB: ASRock P67 Pro3
It becomes useful in Xenosaga 2 and 3 i think.
I'll just play xenosaga with my 096 version... and now I have to reconfigure my settings for .hack G.U.
This is all one giant headache...
Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast. The more complicated the system being emulated the more complicated the system is to emulate it.
[Image: 2748844.png]