This is before the error started...

[Image: error_before.jpg]

after proceeding to the next room....

[Image: error.jpg]

does anyone have any idea what is happening??Blink

Sponsored links

PC specs?
PCSX2 settings?
When does the error happen? I mean after what part of the game.
Have you tried passing that part without using savestates? it's not really recommended to use savestates to try to pass a crash/hang point.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Intel C2D E8200 @ 2.66GHz-Asus P5K-SE -2GB RAM-GeForce 9600GT 512MB-Windows XP Pro SP2

Settings:

[Image: speedhacks.jpg]

[Image: graphics.jpg]

[Image: cpu.jpg]

The error occurred when I entered the door...or when I try to bring up the menu...or when saving...it's all the same error....
I had a similar error when using the "load iso" option of the emulator. It doesn't work well with dual layer discs in rev 1888... Instead go back to using the linuz ISO plugin like you would in version 0.9.6

If that's not the problem, you can try enabling microVU1 since the error is specifically VU1 related.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(11-18-2009, 08:05 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Have you tried passing that part without using savestates? it's not really recommended to use savestates to try to pass a crash/hang point.

This part is important. There is some error in your vm state, and it's already in the savestate. So you'll need to reload from the last proper save point, and try again.
I only used savestates because I also cannot save. Whenever I try to save using the save in the game, it restarts the game. Sad
(11-18-2009, 01:14 PM)Koji Wrote: I had a similar error when using the "load iso" option of the emulator. It doesn't work well with dual layer discs in rev 1888... Instead go back to using the linuz ISO plugin like you would in version 0.9.6

If that's not the problem, you can try enabling microVU1 since the error is specifically VU1 related.

Tried the two, and it still doesn't work. Can I use pcsx2 0.9.6 and copy the savestates from r1888?
Savestates are not compatible between major versions of PCSX2.

This is the reason you never only use save states, if anything ever happens to them or you save in a bad spot, you're locked with no where to go. In the future, make double sure if you use savestates to also occasionally save the normal way.
[Image: 2748844.png]
We know about the restart bug in that game. There are several save spots that work.
You'll need to find them by trial and error though Tongue2
It doesnt restart the emu everytime you try to save it's just sometimes... uhm I guess you could try to activate a "save anywhere" cheat then load the save state save to memory card and try to continue from there... I used one of these for a similar problem with the regular saves except I just wanted to have a save before a particular scene and last working save was long before Tongue

Download the attached file named "6D1276AB.pnach" (it contains the save anywhere cheat) put it under the "patches" directory in the PCSX2 folder, then launch pcsx2 and make sure "misc > enable patches" is enabled, then run your game normally and load the save state, after it's loaded activate the "save anywhere" cheat by keeping and pressing "Select" then pressing "O" however you configured them in the controller plugin. It should let you save to memcard, then just reset PCSX2 launch it again and just load the memcard without touching the save state and maybe you'll pass the place without problem and as mentioned before try to load the game with linuz ISO cdvd plugin instead.

Attached Files
.pnach   6D1276AB.pnach (Size: 232 bytes / Downloads: 584)
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64