Xenosaga II
(09-10-2011, 09:14 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdowns?

Try enabling the "allow 8-bit textures" option in GSdx.

EE 34%
GS 99%
Yeah i'm using the sse4 gsdx 4915 graphics plugin. I set the resolution to native and enabled 8 bit textures, but it actually runs slightly faster in software mode.

Sponsored links

Your GS is high for some reason, im currently playng this game and never saw more than 70% on the GS for the most part, this means your cpu is slowing down the GS thread.

try the mtvu hack.
(09-10-2011, 11:12 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: I still wonder why people try to play games through the emulator on a Laptop Smile Laptops are so much more weaker then their Desktop counterparts Smile And also a crapload cheaper aswell heh Smile

You might as well ask yourself why do people get laptops to begin with... Well some people lead a more active, on-the-go lifestyle. Personally I can fit my entire life in a backpack, and I like that.

But anyway, the 2.6ghz i7 in my laptop is just as powerful as the 2.6ghz i7 in my desktop. The only difference is I can't OC the laptop to 4ghz, but after the MTVU hack came out I actually removed the OC because it was no longer necessary. I can play everything at 60fps - Tekken 5, Xenosaga, Devil Summoner, SOTC, you name it. A few games will occassionally dip to ~55fps but I can live with it Cool
(09-11-2011, 01:46 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Your GS is high for some reason, im currently playng this game and never saw more than 70% on the GS for the most part, this means your cpu is slowing down the GS thread.

try the mtvu hack.

I'm using all the speed hacks, including the mtvu. I have noticed that the default video plugin gets me up to around 50fps, but it slows down a lot in battles. Any other idea how to slow down the GS?
(09-11-2011, 02:14 AM)NewResolve Wrote: I'm using all the speed hacks, including the mtvu. I have noticed that the default video plugin gets me up to around 50fps, but it slows down a lot in battles. Any other idea how to slow down the GS?

hm...I just increased the number of rendering threads, and now it runs almost flawlessly. There is slight slowdown during particle effects, but it is mostly 60fps now.