Xenosaga III
This thread died out 3 month ago posting in it just makes no sense. If you have a problem and there is an active thread about it post it there or make a new thread and link to an old similar thread.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb

Sponsored links

(11-29-2009, 07:19 AM)dorn Wrote: In the beta build turning on vpu cycle stealing to large seemed to have a large FPS increase in battle but caused weird slowdown while running outside of battle.

Yeah in this game as in some others VU cycle Stealing only causes a FPS increase but no speed so a kinda "fake" fps increase and if you use frame limiter it will only slow it down then.

Xenosaga games are pretty demanding so it's not weird that you get such results really. Check the cpu% in GSdx's window and see if if goes around or higher than 90% that would say if it's really a CPU or a GPU problem (if it goes 90%+ it's usually the gpu that's bottlenecking).

But yeah like GamerGeek mentioned this was a pretty old thread which started with suggestions of very old plugins that dont really apply anymore, so starting a new thread would have been better, take it in count next time Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-29-2009, 11:50 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: But yeah like GamerGeek mentioned this was a pretty old thread which started with suggestions of very old plugins that dont really apply anymore, so starting a new thread would have been better, take it in count next time Tongue

Yea I'll do so next time. I guess I was being overly paranoid because some forums blast you for making new threads about particular games.

I guess I should of been specific that it is indeed CPU bound but I wasn't sure if that was normal for this game at 3.1 ghz on an E8500. I've upped my cpu to 3.6 ghz now and it's mostly playable it seems. I wouldn't mind the occasional fps dips but the sound usually goes wonky with it to keep in sync.
i have amd athlon x2
at 2.7 ghz
and onboard graphic card x.x
and 3 giga ram..
Oddly enough based what i read in here..
I get a constant 45-50 fps... Unlike other specs that seems better than me, i'm faster x.x
i'm using pcsx 2655
gsdx 2817
but indeed the very first cutscene is a mess o.o
i have amd athlon x2
at 2.7 ghz
and onboard graphic card x.x
and 3 giga ram..
Oddly enough based what i read in here..
I get a constant 45-50 fps... Unlike other specs that seems better than me, i'm faster x.x
i'm using pcsx 2655
gsdx 2817
but indeed the very first cutscene is a mess o.o
Sorry for bumping this one. But is there a way of fixing this corruption at the starting scenes in this game? Version 0.9.7 beta. It`like YOGI said.
q9300@2,5ghz - Radeon HD4870 512mb - Asus p5e3deluxe - 4gb corsair xms3 pc1600 - Vista 32 bit
Use GSdx software mode
[Image: newsig.jpg]