Xenosaga Lag in cutscenes
I tried reducing the resolution to 1x native but fps stood the same, it makes no difference at all.

If I use gsnull as plugin I get a black screen.

How can my gpu bottleneck ? I have a AMD R290 4Gb ram, I know people with lower gpus runnin the game fine.

Sponsored links

I haven't played xenosaga but some games are just ridiculously demanding. If you say weaker gpu's can play this without problems and reducing internal resolution didn't help one can conclude that you are not bottlenecked. Your EE% readings are still a bit confusing.

Do you run the iso or directly the disk?

If it you run the iso using the internal iso-loader... Do you store the iso on an old hdd with a bad access time?
I run an Iso and I do have an old HDD 500GB , I think its 5 years old but no idea if it has a bad access time
You can try to use a RAMDISK to be sure. This could reserve 5GB of your 8GB RAM as normal partition with an ultimate fast access time. You can give it a try if you want. Or maybe you find something else like a small fast hdd somewhere around?
(11-09-2014, 04:27 PM)willkuer Wrote: You can try to use a RAMDISK to be sure. This could reserve 5GB of your 8GB RAM as normal partition with an ultimate fast access time. You can give it a try if you want. Or maybe you find something else like a small fast hdd somewhere around?

using it in a 8gb ram will slow thing's up if he has a lot of background apps and process running. it's safe to try it in an spare hdd though.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
That's true. One should keep an eye on the ram and not do video encoding at the same time...
Some cut scene are just way more demanding then others. For most part this game runs 60fps for me @4x short a handfull of cut scenes that drop for 50 fps or lower (First cutscene coming out sion room when she first sees the gnoisis and Scene where Ziggy and MOMO are on shuttle be chased especial in the cockpit and few other) and Certain Mech fights and some of Sion attacks.

The game is very much CPU demanding and in other parts even more demanding not so much GPU demanding atlest no wheres as demanding on the gpu as DQ8 even then some slow down is just cause wierd way the game does things

The game makes alot draw call and does things wierd or so i read from the developers of pcsx2.
I get the same performance when I use the ram disk .. oh well I think I give it up, will focus on other games then or maybe buy a new playstation 2.

Thx for the help though Smile
(11-10-2014, 04:07 PM)Madmacx Wrote: I get the same performance when I use the ram disk .. oh well I think I give it up, will focus on other games then or maybe buy a new playstation 2.

Thx for the help though Smile

i guess then, it's your hardware limit, so it's better to focus on other games which will work better with your pc.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Xenosaga is about 8.5GB. Overclock your CPU. You'll need it
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]