Xenosaga Screen Flicker
Hello and thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post.

I'm currently getting ready to play through the Xenosaga series which I'll be streaming @5k60FPS 21:9. 

I realize the question I have seems inherent at first as I've watched other gameplay videos with the same issue. Basically the screen lightly flickers and is very noticeable when you move. For example moving left to right with a static npc on screen will have them looking like they are flickering across the screen. It is also noticeable with the shadows and cell shading. Also the 'ghost around characters as especially distance mesh. (I guess this was used to simulate DoF?)

My question is: is there anyway to reduce the screen flickering/ghosting or remove it entirely? 

Specs:
Sapphire Nitro + Vega 64@stock
Ryzen 5 3600@stock
Ripjaws DDR4 16G@3200
M.2 SSD
Win 10

As for unique settings I am using:*
Custom 21:9 PCSX2 Launcher
Aspect Ratio: Super-Widescreen 21:9
Xenosaga Widescreen pnach
Multithread Hack
Disable Safe Features
Half-Pixel Offset (Normal)
AFx16
Vsync
Shader
*I have tested the game before using any of these settings and have gotten the same results.

Sponsored links

what if you disable all this :
Quote:Custom 21:9 PCSX2 Launcher
Aspect Ratio: Super-Widescreen 21:9
Xenosaga Widescreen pnach
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
On top of what jesalvein suggested I am also curious what PCSX2 version you are using. If you are still on 1.4.0 I would strongly recommend trying a 1.5.0 development build (linked in my signature) and see if the issues persist. I haven't ran into any issues with flickering on my Xenosaga playthrough but I was using 1.5.0 development builds, not 1.4.0.

Unrelated, shameless self-promotion: If after sorting this out you also want to fix the whole "game crashes at certain save points" problem, a patch has been made that you can read about here.
Thanks for the responses, to answer the first response I just triple tested what you suggested and the results are the same.
As for the second I am currently using v1.5.0-dev-3341-g80e3e00f9-windows-x86.

The issue obviously isn't game breaking or that noticeable, I just want the cleanest looking image.

As for the patch you linked me I will be getting it, thank you!

Again it's not a major issue, just curious if there was a fix.