Xenosaga ep1, config and playability?
Hey there,
I just tried playing Xenosaga ep1 and... I'm not very satisfied with playability yet. I have the US version. Got a Phenom II X2 3.1ghz, 3gigs of RAM and OCed 9800GT. Ran it on dx9, was tragic, on dx10 works way better, but still, cutscenes (at least the first one)... audio goes at standard speed, gfx slows down and oscilates around 60fps (53-67fps), I clicked TAB and it ran on around 180fps, but ofc the sound was still out of synch (and too fast).
So, is it possible to make it run better? If so, what config should I use (tried it with various configs, too much to list).
Thx in advance
EDIT:
I'm running newest PCSX2 beta and newest GSDX2.

Sponsored links

First try using the latest beta and plugins.
Also try using some speed hacks,like the INTC Sync hack or Idle loop forward
Do keep in mind Xenosaga I is one of the heaviest games to run on PCSX2,so slowdowns in cutscenes are pretty much normal except if you have a Core 2 Duo at 3,6 Ghz or more
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Tried those :/
The game would be playable I think, but the only problem is with the cutscenes. Like... if audio synched with video it would be good, even if the audio got choppy a bit, but instead, the audio runs smoothly and even though the average of frames passed should still be at 60/s it is waaaay behind the sound.
Well if you're using SPU2-X,getting full 60fps and NOT using any cycle hacks that can cause audio desync and false fps readings,sound should be dead on
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ha! Used the latest stable version, now at least there is a synch between A and V... but that's the moment when I'm seriously thinking about overclocking the CPU -_-. Very laggy video, about 30fps on first cutscene, at least the frameskip works wonders and the audio sounds good. So either I suffer a bit OR I oc the cpu... OR I finally buy meself PS2 -_-
I am not sure that overclocking really makes it better...
I just tried playing it on my brand new computer with i7 quad core, and 6gigs of ram. I get around 23fps on the first cutscene where KOS-MOS comes up.
thats kind low in latest versions of Gsdx on dx10 the lowest i get in that big scene is 30fps.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(07-20-2009, 04:13 PM)blah900 Wrote: I am not sure that overclocking really makes it better...
I just tried playing it on my brand new computer with i7 quad core, and 6gigs of ram. I get around 23fps on the first cutscene where KOS-MOS comes up.

what graphics card? Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-15-2009, 04:33 PM)siegdubhy Wrote: ... OR I finally buy meself PS2 -_-

I'll let a mod take it from here Tongue
Thank you FoolRunin, warning issued, we do not support pirates. go buy yourself a PS2, then you can legally use the emulator.

Closed
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]