Xenosaga - extremely low FPS
still you need a faster CPU at least.

Even with a 4.4Ghz C2D and GF260GTX+ (700/1450/1250) in DX10 Hardware there are scenes in Xenosaga II at least which slow down to 40-50 FPS.

Sponsored links

Lovely game...
And how many scenes are extremely slow in Xenosaga II? (Or the percent of the game?) If it's too impossible I won't start to play the Xenosaga serie...
What about playing it in your own ps2. If you have an old TV it shouldn't be a problem. If not, well, bad luck Tongue2.
hello everyone.

i'm sorry, but i don't quite understand all the technical stuff.

i have
pentium core 2 quad q9550
asus p5q pro
4go ram
winxp sp3

i've played :
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII
Suikoden 5
etc

and i've had to ajust some things on the pcsx2: for FFX for instance. But never had to go into major configs (well .... major for me anyways...)

could anyone explain a little bit the explanations above Smile please ?

i'm down to between 5 and 15 fps except for movies, battles, and cinematics... this game looks cool, how can i play it?

i have pcsx 0.9.7.

thanks
(01-16-2009, 12:25 AM)Arszi Wrote: Lovely game...

Wait for Episode III, it's a great deal better than the already good I and II AND runs smoother Wink

(01-16-2009, 12:37 AM)Arszi Wrote: And how many scenes are extremely slow in Xenosaga II? (Or the percent of the game?) If it's too impossible I won't start to play the Xenosaga serie...

Don't worry, Xenosaga II and III run MUCH better than I, although their graphics look better...Seems like the devs optimized the code Tongue Anyway, I didn't have any real performance troubles in Ep II, just be sure to enable 8-Bit-Textures, it makes the game smoother. Same goes for Ep. III, they are mostly GPU limited. So if you don't crank up the res too high, Ep II and III will be very playable, though 2x scaling should be no problem with your video card.
Also these games are worth playing, great storyline Smile

Edit: Shame on me, his posts were from 2009 LOL

@Siluvatar
You have WinXP, thus DX9. DX10 works much better with Xenosaga I. What graphic card do you have, you haven't mentioned. Enable the recommended speed hacks, they don't hurt. Actually, internal res does not matter too much in Xenosaga I, the game is always GPU-limited and native res does not help in the typical slowdown areas of Xenosaga I like AGWS battles and rendered cutscenes.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU